Cooking thread

Page 89 of 89« First<86878889
July 9th, 2018 at 8:37:23 PM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 20
Quote: Fleastiff
so I made chicken salad for sandwiches on this 'ancient bread' which contains quinona and teff and amaranth in amounts less than the ink it takes to print those words on the label

I used a can of chicken, four dollops of mayonnaise, pepper, cinnamon, turmeric and a packet from that ramen stuff. Why does it taste so awful?

Because you mixed up a lot of stuff that doesn’t go together, all out of proportion. That packet of Ramen is enough to flavor an entire chicken. And cinnamon in chicken salad? No thanks.

Try a can of chicken, 1/4 cup of chopped celery, a slice of onion diced up, salt and pepper and enough mayo to hold it all together. Maybe some parsley. Chicken salad is supposed to be bland, and survive on the mix of the textures.
July 17th, 2018 at 11:38:27 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 54
Bought small bag of sweet potatoes and also a small bag of little red 'new' potatoes Boiled them in water but dozed off so they got more than ten minutes.

Been having lunch for the last three days from it. Its just that potatoes and a few pats of butter ain't much of a balanced meal. I forget what spices go with potatoes. Lunch was five new potatoes and two or three sweet potatoes. Nuked them for 3 minutes but new potatoes were so hot they burned my mouth and sweet potatoes were still cold from the fridge.
September 18th, 2018 at 9:40:35 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 54
I do enjoy black pepper and milk but the pepper tends to stick to the cup or float on the top of the milk and this makes drinking it difficult particularly if I happen to inhale any of the pepper floating on top.

Does anyone know a way of forcing the pepper to go into suspension and remain suspended in the milk for awhile?
Page 89 of 89« First<86878889