St. Ignace, Michigan

Page 2 of 2<12
February 23rd, 2014 at 7:45:50 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
This trip report. Awesome. Message ends.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 24th, 2014 at 2:22:22 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: TheCesspit

Meant to comment when I read this the other day. Simply outstanding series of posts, Face. Great reading. I felt like one of the guys getting to read this, and I especially appreciated finally seeing a good beer pong contest. That was hysterical. As was going flat on my back with you on the crack on the ice. Poor darling Face. Ouch!
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
February 24th, 2014 at 6:26:33 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: TheCesspit

Thanks again, TheCesspit. Glad you enjoyed it =)

Quote: beachbumbabs
Meant to comment when I read this the other day. Simply outstanding series of posts, Face. Great reading. I felt like one of the guys getting to read this, and I especially appreciated finally seeing a good beer pong contest. That was hysterical. As was going flat on my back with you on the crack on the ice. Poor darling Face. Ouch!

Thanks, Babs! I love sharing experiences, the ones that remind you there's more to life than work and bills and possessions and TV. The "little things", if you will. The stuff you can't buy and is worth appreciating. The stuff that matters =)

This thread was sort of a sequel, so if you liked it, check out the original Eagle River Trip Report.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
February 27th, 2014 at 6:45:35 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
This is random, but I had to document it somewhere.

An average week of hockey consists of one, 36 minute game, 18 of which is "ice time". Time I spend actually on ice and actively engaged in competition.

After the tournament, I took Monday off before playing on Tuesday, then had a short reprieve before engaging a double header on the weekend.

I thought I might have set a personal record, so I calculated it out.

Last week... I had TWO HUNDRED and SIXTY SIX MINUTES of ice time. Not "game time", but ice time. 266 minutes of actively skating and engaged in play.

I went from an average of ~20 minutes to just under four and a half hours. No wonder my pants don't fit XD
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
Page 2 of 2<12