Campaign for Diversity...Tomorrow!

Page 2 of 6<12345>Last »
February 17th, 2014 at 4:08:12 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: TheCesspit
Quora and Stack Overflow already do this, very very well. Snopes and another site on debunking whose name I forget, also do a forum and chat about questions.

Not saying it's not a bad niche to get into, just that there's a fair amount out there that does this very well already.

I know there are several that do it, but just thinking of our strength here. We rarely have a question we cannot answer. I think there would be something to be gained by the sort of group we have here. Just an idea. But for a forum to thrive it really needs a purpose above being a forum in and of itself.
The President is a fink.
February 17th, 2014 at 5:18:58 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Mission146
Greetings!

In order to support the supposition that it would be better for off-topic WoV threads to be posted here, as well as the further notion that this (in and of itself) could be a viable message board just off of WizardofVegas membership, I hereby commit myself to posting here at least five times per day for the next 100 days.

Weeell.... if you the powers that be had made this place out as somewhat like the "high limit" room, or exclusive members lounge, and tried to keep it secret they'd be beating down the door by now.

Or maybe not. But I know it sometimes has to do with marketing
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 17th, 2014 at 5:26:48 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
I know there are several that do it, but just thinking of our strength here. We rarely have a question we cannot answer. I think there would be something to be gained by the sort of group we have here. Just an idea. But for a forum to thrive it really needs a purpose above being a forum in and of itself.

Agreed. Just not sure that is the niche that is necessarily -different- enough.

BUT maybe a question of the week would be a 'selling point' to hang the rest around.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 17th, 2014 at 5:48:10 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Agreed. Just not sure that is the niche that is necessarily -different- enough.

BUT maybe a question of the week would be a 'selling point' to hang the rest around.

I'm trying to think of ways to bring in new blood. An alternative could be an "ask the council" area. Have some kind of area of expertise and people would ask when they were here. Again just spitballing, but a huge reason I active here is that it is rare this crew gets stumped completely. I may just be stuck on it.
The President is a fink.
February 17th, 2014 at 5:54:04 PM permalink
TheCesspit
I'm trying to think of ways to bring in new blood. An alternative could be an "ask the council" area. Have some kind of area of expertise and people would ask when they were here. Again just spitballing, but a huge reason I active here is that it is rare this crew gets stumped completely. I may just be stuck on it.

Obviously the first question of the week needs to be what should be done to create a niche forum to grow new traffic :)

I think you are onto something, for sure.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 17th, 2014 at 6:25:10 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Obviously the first question of the week needs to be what should be done to create a niche forum to grow new traffic :)

I think you are onto something, for sure.

I have always thought we should get a survey of what areas the "regulars" here have. If just for fun.
The President is a fink.
February 17th, 2014 at 6:55:20 PM permalink
TheCesspit
I have always thought we should get a survey of what areas the "regulars" here have. If just for fun.

Good plan.... :)
February 18th, 2014 at 5:20:22 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
a niche forum to grow new traffic

I am left with the distinct impression that originally it was to clear out most of the off-topic noise from WoV, but my memory is probably faulty on that.
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
February 18th, 2014 at 6:37:24 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: chickenman
I am left with the distinct impression that originally it was to clear out most of the off-topic noise from WoV, but my memory is probably faulty on that.

Indeed it was. However, that alone wasn't enough to bring in enough folks to allow that. It's hard to have a hot topic discussion when said discussion is a monologue.

Right now, I feel like DT is my old '93 Beretta without a starter. A few of us have been pushing for awhile, but it's not enough to get her turned over. I think with just a few more bodies and a little more effort, it'll get that push that'll get her started and then it'll run on its own.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
February 18th, 2014 at 6:44:08 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
I hope so, because a '93 Beretta is a sweet freakin' ride.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
Page 2 of 6<12345>Last »