What Movies Have You Seen Lately?

November 13th, 2017 at 2:07:31 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: rxwine
You need a country mouse, not a city mouse. Country mouse is slower.
You thought perhaps that after going to Amazon and then Google that I would not find out your post was nonsense.
November 14th, 2017 at 6:55:02 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Fleastiff
You thought perhaps that after going to Amazon and then Google that I would not find out your post was nonsense.

The story of the country mouse and the city mouse is a fable that is thousands of years old. I wouldn't call it nonsense.
November 14th, 2017 at 11:42:21 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Pacomartin
The story of the country mouse and the city mouse is a fable that is thousands of years old. I wouldn't call it nonsense.
It is when it relates to my obtaining a new computer peripheral.
November 14th, 2017 at 1:34:03 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff
It is when it relates to my obtaining a new computer peripheral.

Apply for a Target credit card, they
give them to almost anybody. Here's
a trick, double your income on the
application. Everybody does it, and
by a lot more than double sometimes.

Then you can order a Dell rebuilt
computer for $125 and pay it off
$20 a month and you won't need
to complain anymore. I have a Dell
rebuilt I got in 2013 and it still works
fine.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 14th, 2017 at 3:04:16 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
From a review of "Justice League"

Quote:
Zack Snyder's film is filled with so many moments that had me geeking out and crying nerd tears

Nerd tears. Heh.

Also, apparently there's some good reason to stay to the end credits.

That's "through" to the end of the credits.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 14th, 2017 at 4:11:23 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Evenbob
Apply for a Target credit card.
Speaking of credit cards, does anyone know about the PayPal credit card?

They state that thee is no interest on any item purchased at $99 or more provided you pay by the statement date in six months.
Yet they never directly state if items purchased at less than that amount will be interest free if you pay your balance in full at the next statement date.
I don't want a credit card that charges interest on my purchases (unless there is a failure by me to pay in full at next statement date).

>>>>I have a Dell rebuilt.
I'm a Hurricane Irma displaced person living in a broom closet and using someone else's computer, so I'm sort of stuck.

>>>>>$20 a month
If I had that much, I'd be at a craps table somewhere.
November 15th, 2017 at 11:17:09 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Review: Not even Wonder Woman can save ‘Justice League’

https://apnews.com/bcabe3bcfb4b401ba6911800a8eb0771/Review:-Not-even-Wonder-Woman-can-save-'Justice-League'
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 15th, 2017 at 12:24:18 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Reviews are out for Justice League and Rotten Tomatoes isn't even posting the score yet.

Seems fishy.

One thing I've seen several people point out:

When reshoots were done for Justice League after Joss Whedon took over, Henry Cavill (who plays Superman) had grown a mustache for another role and couldn't shave it off. So they had to digitally remove his mustache in every scene they reshot. Apparently the CGI work was really shoddy and his mouth looks really weird in most scenes.

I'm seeing it tomorrow night so I'll let you know my thoughts. Expectations are not high on my end.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 15th, 2017 at 12:30:35 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: ams288
Seems fishy.

Well, they chose to have Aquaman...

Quote:
When reshoots were done for Justice League after Joss Whedon took over, Henry Cavill (who plays Superman) had grown a mustache for another role and couldn't shave it off. So they had to digitally remove his mustache in every scene they reshot.

Wouldn't it have been a lot easier, and much cheaper, to fashion a fake mustache to match the one he had?

I expect I'll go see it. If nothing else, there's Wonder Woman.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 15th, 2017 at 12:42:37 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Nareed
Wouldn't it have been a lot easier, and much cheaper, to fashion a fake mustache to match the one he had?

From Variety:

Quote:
Cavill grew a mustache for his character in “Mission: Impossible 6,” which was supposed to finish shooting before Cavill needed to return as Superman in “Justice League.” However, “Justice League” re-shoots have required him to simultaneously bounce between both projects. Paramount reportedly would not allow Cavill to shave his facial hair while production was taking place, so his mustache will have to be digitally removed from “Justice League” in post-production.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman