Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob
Just saw Moonstruck for the first time in
20 years. What a perfect movie. Cher is
drop dead gorgeous and steals every
scene she's in. She's so good in this,
she won an Oscar and an Emmy for
best actress that year. So many good
actors, you don't want the story to end.

Yet another thing that Evenbob and I agree on, wow!
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
January 21st, 2018 at 6:02:31 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
Yet another thing that Evenbob and I agree on, wow!

You liked it because they're Catholic and
there's a confession scene..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 21st, 2018 at 7:22:51 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob
You liked it because they're Catholic and
there's a confession scene..

You liked it because there was questionable morals in it.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
January 21st, 2018 at 8:02:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
You liked it because there was questionable morals in it.

I liked it because the acting and story
were above average.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 22nd, 2018 at 4:54:19 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: ams288
Highly entertaining with great performances by Allison Janney and Margot Robbie.

Allison Janney is one of my favorite actresses.
January 22nd, 2018 at 10:54:18 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Pacomartin
Allison Janney is one of my favorite actresses.

Christine Brennan wrote a column disagreeing with what Janney is saying about the history of Tonya Harding and accusing Janney of trying to rewrite history.

This the statement Janney gave during an awards show that Christine Brennan disagrees with
"She wasn’t embraced for her individuality enough, I don’t think the figure skating world embraced her or wanted her to succeed because they didn’t think she represented the kind of woman they wanted to represent the figure skating community, that they wanted to represent America.”

By the way American judges sent Tonya to not 1 but 2 Olympics

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/brennan/2018/01/11/actress-misguided-coming-tonya-hardings-defense/1026777001/
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 22nd, 2018 at 1:26:31 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
As Gene Hackman said in Downhill Racer: "Its not a team sport" but its not open season on your competitor's kneecaps either.

It was quite possible people didn't want her to win but that doesn't mean they wanted to exclude her from competing.

Tonya Harding surely played a role in the planning and execution of the attack and it shows her personality and drive to win, she was deluded or under the control of others.
January 22nd, 2018 at 1:59:46 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Madsen's torture and murder of feminist journalist Kim Wall aboard his submarine was subject of a documentary that was withdrawn shortly after being released. A book on the topic was also withdrawn from the publisher's servers. Concerns are for family sensitivity, objectivity and the fact that the investigation is ongoing.
January 22nd, 2018 at 4:07:48 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Saw “Phantom Thread”.

Writer-Director Paul Anderson really needs to get professional counseling. The stuff he puts on the screen is usually comedies about quirky characters acting out of odd situations. This movie is no different in the quirky sense, but if you are not related to anyone in the cast, it will be hard to sit through the 2 hours of dramatic dialogue.

I give it two mushrooms out of ten.
January 22nd, 2018 at 5:11:02 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Ayecarumba
Saw “Phantom Thread”.

Writer-Director Paul Anderson really needs to get professional counseling. The stuff he puts on the screen is usually comedies about quirky characters acting out of odd situations. This movie is no different in the quirky sense, but if you are not related to anyone in the cast, it will be hard to sit through the 2 hours of dramatic dialogue.

I give it two mushrooms out of ten.

I saw the preview for this a few times before other movies. It looks like pretentious garbage. I have no desire to ever see it.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman