What Movies Have You Seen Lately?

March 13th, 2018 at 11:40:38 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Pacomartin
The studio has not given up on Godzilla as anime versions of Godzilla are being released on Netflix.

The only monster movies I ever saw were King Kong, Jaws, and two of the Jurassic Park movies. I did like the satire in Pinky and The Brain end up battling "Gollyzilla" (in a way).

I'd see a Pinky and The Brain movie if Maurice La Marche plays The Brain. The show holds up rather well, even if the political jokes are waaaaaaaaaay outdated. I suppose younger people seeing it today would react like Bart and Milhouse reading old MAD Magazine issues.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 13th, 2018 at 2:03:12 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

The studio has not given up on Godzilla as anime versions of Godzilla are being released on Netflix. For the sequel to be released in theaters in March 2019, Stranger Things' Millie Bobby Brown has been added to the cast. Sally Hawkins star turn in The Shape of Water might help as she is returning to the film

I'm fond of Godzilla. I just think he's been miscast.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 13th, 2018 at 2:18:21 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: rxwine
I'm fond of Godzilla. I just think he's been miscast.

Hehe... he is the definition of a “big” movie star.

There are lots of big creature films coming this year. “Rampage”, “Pacific Rim 2”, “Jurassic World 2”... Not to mention the 90 foot tall Oprah in “Wrinkle in Time”.
March 13th, 2018 at 2:43:16 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Ayecarumba
Not to mention the 90 foot tall Oprah in “Wrinkle in Time”.

That's the most frightening, with blond
hair and eyebrows. Instant nightmares
for kids.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 13th, 2018 at 4:09:23 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: Evenbob
That's the most frightening, with blond
hair and eyebrows. Instant nightmares
for kids.
Actually, in that film, Reese Witherspoon’s character is scarier. She turns into a giant flying cabbage.o
March 15th, 2018 at 1:47:56 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
If you didn't read the book, apparently you have no idea what this movie is about.

You do know the book was written over half a century ago? I did read it when I was very young, but I don't remember the story very well.

Madeleine L'Engle was born a hundred years ago, and she was the first to use Einstein-Rosen Bridge in fiction (the "wrinkle" of the title).

AFAIK, Carl Sagan, was the first to call an Einstein-Rosen Bridge "wormhole" which is the most common name used today.
March 15th, 2018 at 8:30:42 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
You do know the book was written over half a century ago?

I never heard pf it. Reviewers are
saying the movie is confusing if
you don't know the book. Also,
Xtionity is important to the books
theme and Disney removed it from
the movie completely.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 15th, 2018 at 10:30:58 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
I never heard pf it. Reviewers are
saying the movie is confusing if
you don't know the book. Also,
Xtionity is important to the books
theme and Disney removed it from
the movie completely.

If you've never heard of the book, let alone read it, how would you know how important Christianity is? I don't think it has a significant part in the story.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
March 15th, 2018 at 10:36:10 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
You do know the book was written over half a century ago? I did read it when I was very young, but I don't remember the story very well.

I read it when I was in middle school about grade 7
I remember it well
I think I read it twice
It remains one of my all time favorite books
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 15th, 2018 at 11:01:42 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: beachbumbabs
If you've never heard of the book, let alone read it, how would you know how important Christianity is? I don't think it has a significant part in the story.

Christianity important in a Wrinkle in Time?????
Where does EB get this from?
I cant discuss a book unless I read it.
Its been a long time since I read the book
I don't recall anything regarding Christianity
Its science fiction
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"