What Movies Have You Seen Lately?

May 24th, 2018 at 7:57:08 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
Solo: A Star Wars Story

I enjoyed it. Not much to say. If you're a SW fan, you'll like it (unless you're one of those odd man-babies who hates all the new SW movies for weird misogynistic reasons).

I can't guess if I will like it. I watched an old star wars movie the other day, really enjoyed it but turned out it is considered one of the least favorites among fans.
I don't know if there is only one with Jar Jar Binks in it, but that was it. The last hour of the movie was very good in my opinion, even if the rest wasn't.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 24th, 2018 at 8:27:18 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Solo: A Star Wars Story

I enjoyed it. Not much to say.

You like everything, which means your
opinion on a scale of 1 to 10 is a 3.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 24th, 2018 at 9:10:16 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I feel asleep or walked out of the last two Star Wars movies. For the first time since the original Star Wars, I'm going to sit this one out.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
May 25th, 2018 at 1:31:08 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Wizard
I feel asleep or walked out of the last two Star Wars movies. For the first time since the original Star Wars, I'm going to sit this one out.

Been sitting them out since Jar Jar Binks.
Haven't missed anything..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 25th, 2018 at 5:33:05 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
You like everything, which means your
opinion on a scale of 1 to 10 is a 3.

WHAT?! You mean people aren't going to rush out and see a Star Wars movie based on my recommendation alone?

I'm shocked and dismayed.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 25th, 2018 at 5:43:28 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
I enjoyed it. Not much to say. If you're a SW fan, you'll like it (unless you're one of those odd man-babies who hates all the new SW movies for weird misogynistic reasons).

Young Brit, already on her third famous franchise.

May 25th, 2018 at 6:32:41 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Was she Daenerys from Game of Thrones?

Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
May 25th, 2018 at 6:50:32 AM permalink
Pacomartin

Yes. It's another one of those fairy tale stories where young British actors come to America and make a mint. It seems she had a background in British theater, and a miniscule filmography in Britain.

She made one low budget US TV movie at the age of 24, and then got the role of Daenerys.

Eventually Game of Thrones gave her the $1.1 Million Per Episode but they only make 10 episodes per year (and 13 for the last two years)

That role lead to Rom-Com and then Sarah Connor in the 2015 reboot of Terminator with post governor Arnold Schwarzenegger . There were unconfirmed rumors that she would actually be paid more than Arnold

That movie , of course, did horribly, so James Cameron. Cameron will produce the Terminator films with the next to be released on July 26, 2019 (they will star Arnold), but Cameron terminated Emilies contract as Sarah Connor in March 2018 (to her huge relief). She is now free to star in Star Wars prequels.

Sarah Connor will now be played by Mackenzie Davis who played the old Daryl Hannah role in Blade Runner 2048.
May 25th, 2018 at 7:52:50 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

She is easy to miss in public, especially since she really isn't a blond
She tells stories where she walks with other Throne stars in public
They will be stopped by fans and often she is the one asked to take the picture because she is not recognized.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 25th, 2018 at 8:47:58 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: terapined
She is easy to miss in public, especially since she really isn't a blond.

Her no makeup appearance is very different.

Sometimes, I think that stars would rather be invisible when they are in public. On the other hand Emilia Clarke is very pretty, so maybe she gets hit on constantly by guys who don't realize that she is a major star.

Her entire film credentials before getting this role was (1) a short University of London student film, (2) a single episode in a British soap opera, and (3) the SyFy film about dinosaurs in a small Texas town.