places, I didn't 'fall' for anything. When RT
gives 97% for a movie that stinks, it's all
the Lib reviewers terrified of being non
PC and kissing the butts of some minority
group.

If I were black, I would be pissed they portrayed
me as some weird green race. They're saying
we all know blacks could never create an advanced
society, but green people could. Majorly insulting.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 8th, 2018 at 2:21:51 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
Don't these right wing clowns have lives

No.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 10th, 2018 at 9:02:08 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: Pacomartin
It's an interesting interpretation. Who would you say invented this particular plot twist?
The hospital and the people who work there are revealed to be figments in the mind of an autistic boy who stared at a snowglobe with the hospital building inside of it.

What will really blow your mind to realize is that St. Elsewhere had a stream of "cross-over" guests from other television shows at the time, in character from whichever show they were on -- with that being said, any show from which the character from another television show at the time would also have had to only exist in the mind of the autistic boy on St. Elsewhere

The Tommy Westphall Theory
November 10th, 2018 at 10:12:47 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: aceofspades

What will really blow your mind to realize is that St. Elsewhere

I never saw the show, I don't watch
doctor or hospital shows. I saw a
few Ben Casey eps in the 60's, was
nauseated at the melodrama, and
never looked back. My sister, by
contrast, loved them, and I can't
stand my sister.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 11th, 2018 at 5:31:40 PM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
Quote: Wizard
I just saw A Star is Born. Where to start? I will give high praise to Lady Gaga's performance, although I think she was somewhat playing herself. However, usually when you have to resort to praising the acting, it means you didn't really like the movie that much. If forced to offer some criticism, the movie was spread rather thin between many different characters and story lines. I'd have preferred more emphasis on Lady Gaga's character and less on Bradley Cooper's. Speaking of which, I never really bought that Bradly Cooper's musical performance was anything that would garner huge crowded and private jets in real life.

Still, I have no regrets. I will admit the audience applauded at the end. The average person will probably like it more than I did. I will predict it was be a big contender at the Academy Awards. On my 0 to 10 scale, I give it a generous 7.

We saw it today. I agree with much of what you say, but I’ll give it 8.5, for effectiveness. It is a melodramatic tearjerker, and it is masterful at that. It was fun to look at, fun to listen to, and it rarely dragged, filling out its 2+ hours very efficiently.

For those who found Germanotta’s acting a revelation, know that she studied at the Lee Strasberg school for 10 years. The woman is talented.
November 12th, 2018 at 9:10:52 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Had "The Watchmen" on my DVR and finally watched it. Wikipedia suggested it was hard to follow but I didn't find it too hard as long as you didn't miss anything. This movie doesn't really have a true happy ending, so I suppose some people who dislike movies that don't give them a "happy ending" gave it a worse rating.

Ebert gave this movie 4 out of 4 stars back in the day, but I think 3 out of 4 is more accurate. If you don't like superhero genre you might give it less.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 12th, 2018 at 10:41:45 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
Had "The Watchmen" on my DVR and finally watched it. Wikipedia suggested it was hard to follow but I didn't find it too hard as long as you didn't miss anything. This movie doesn't really have a true happy ending, so I suppose some people who dislike movies that don't give them a "happy ending" gave it a worse rating.

Ebert gave this movie 4 out of 4 stars back in the day, but I think 3 out of 4 is more accurate. If you don't like superhero genre you might give it less.

I liked it a lot
Its kind of interesting with the alternative history timeline
My favorite character was Rorschach. Loved the prison scenes

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 13th, 2018 at 12:20:28 AM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
I’m not sure what the plan was, but there are like 3 or 4 versions of this film available. Usually, there’s only a “Director’s Cut”, or an “Unrated” version (but not both). I’m not sure how all the Watchmen versions are different.
November 16th, 2018 at 8:30:38 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
November 17th, 2018 at 10:52:09 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Just watched a new "thriller" from Netflix called "Cam" -- got great reviews but, in the end, it was "meh" -- ending made no sense as how things happened were never really explained and a lot of plot points left open - but, if you have 90 minutes to spare - it will entertain for about 45 minutes of those

Cam trailer