What Movies Have You Seen Lately?

May 25th, 2020 at 1:13:07 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
How long are they going to hold off releasing some of bigger expected blockbuster films for this season? Think they might sell to a pay service?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 25th, 2020 at 1:20:57 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
How long are they going to hold off releasing some of bigger expected blockbuster films for this season? Think they might sell to a pay service?

I think they’ll push everything back a year or so. They’re not filming anything right now, so next year is going to be lacking some big movies to be released.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 25th, 2020 at 1:21:02 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
For anyone who’s curious to check it out, Uncut Gems is now on Netflix in the US.

Cool
Thanks
I'm on it
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 25th, 2020 at 1:23:31 PM permalink
terapined
Good.

We’re all going to hold you to that. Don’t come back here saying you decided to watch it and it was AWFUL cause no one is going to care. You make up your mind before you ever watch something based on fake IMDB reviews by trolls.

I agree
When I started watching Ozark and posting that I loved it
He said it was the worse show on TV and posted a bunch of terrible reviews from IMDB
Now he likes it
His opinion is meaningless
Are there 2 EB's
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 25th, 2020 at 3:13:11 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Good.

We’re all going to hold you to that. Don’t come back here saying you decided to watch it

Uh uh.

"No storyline. No redeemable characters. Poorly written, if anything was written at all. Literally a show about nothing. If you like a million f bombs for no apparent reason other than the lack of any substantial dialogue, then this is you gem! I can't believe I lasted an hour, and felt much better after leaving. The people I was with all left as well. Total garbage of a film."

An unmitigated disaster
Youwillhateme17 December 2019

This has to be one of the worst and most disappointing films I have ever seen. 2 hours of yelling and screaming. What a mess. Sandler played one of THE most annoying characters in the history of cinema.

Too many non-actors just yelling. So disappointing. The directors went from their last great film to this insanely horrible piece of junk.

It was predictable, annoying, unsympathetic, confusing, frustrating. The biggest loser in film history, Sandler's character. And unlike Good Time, Fargo, Straight Time and other films where the lead is a total loser, here it just didn't work at all. Sandler was painfully annoying, unfunny and like listening to nails scratching a chalk board.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 25th, 2020 at 3:18:35 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: terapined
I agree
When I started watching Ozark and posting that I loved it
He said it was the worse show on TV

I posted this.

"I couldn't even watch the entire first
episode, the acting was so awful."

It was awful, the first couple eps
were terrible. My brother bugged
me to keep watching and it got
better. So what.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 25th, 2020 at 3:48:41 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
I posted this.

"I couldn't even watch the entire first
episode, the acting was so awful."

It was awful, the first couple eps
were terrible. My brother bugged
me to keep watching and it got
better. So what.
I think it took me until my third try watching for it to stick. The way I became interested was, not paying to close attention on the third try I actually started on season two. I liked it, so I went back to the beginning knowing some of the characters. We really enjoyed it after sticking and staying though the whole series. Looking forward to another season.

I click with some characters whose parts really portray or can speak to reality the way it appeared in my experience. My wife had inlaws that lived in the backwoods and it truly is still dangerous for yankees in some parts of America.

Finally got involved with the character Ruth, I've known some people that had a lot of experience at a young age. It's hard for me to watch characters almost in their thirty's that have never paid rent.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 25th, 2020 at 4:06:36 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Uncut gems was fantastic those IMDB reviewers are trash
May 25th, 2020 at 4:27:22 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: gamerfreak

Whenever you see a movie get 95%
on Rotten Tomatoes and 52% from
the audience, you know it sucks.
RT will always suck up to people
like Scorsese. I couldn't even
sit thru the trailer, it was a loud
mess. An audience review:

"One of the worst movies I have had the displeasure of sitting through. While a film full of characters with 0 redeemable qualities and Adam Sandler's pitiful accent and acting were cringeworthy enough, the most torturous part of the film was the score. Whoever made the decision to have the same godawful music play not just throughout, but actually over a large portion of the dialogue, should be blacklisted from ever working again. I honestly cannot think of one positive thing to say, just trash from start to finish. Don't let the positive score fool you into wasting your time on this."
May 25th, 2020 at 6:08:31 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: gamerfreak

I just watched
I have mixed feelings on it.
Hated all the characters.
I actually had to take a break 1/2 way through because the guys life is such an absurd train wreck.
I thought KG was great in his acting scenes.
It entertained me enough to want to see another movie by the directors
Anybody see Good Time?

Getting ready to watch "Grant" on the history channel