What Movies Have You Seen Lately?

December 19th, 2021 at 1:10:03 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Woke Side Story, as critics are calling it, took a nosedive in its second week and has made a total of 17 million dollars worldwide. Disney has 200 million dollars into this turkey so this is so far the worst disaster in movie making history. Nobody wants to see this crap. I read that even Spanish people don't want to see a movie with Spanish and no subtitles because there are different types of Spanish. What kind of a moron makes a movie in a foreign language and doesn't put in subtitles because he doesn't want to offend anybody. A woke moron that's who. Hollywood is so full of idiots. You understand why people like Paul Newman and Robert Redford never wanted to live in Hollywood, stayed as far away from it as they could. Redford lives in Utah and Paul Newman lived in Connecticut and had an almost normal life when he wasn't making a movie. Jerry Seinfeld was only there when he was making his show and spent the rest of the year in New York City. He says he can't understand why anybody would live there, in Hollywood, if they didn't have to.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 19th, 2021 at 5:10:09 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Woke Side Story, as critics are calling it, took a nosedive in its second week and has made a total of 17 million dollars worldwide. Disney has 200 million dollars into this turkey so this is so far the worst disaster in movie making history. Nobody wants to see this crap. I read that even Spanish people don't want to see a movie with Spanish and no subtitles because there are different types of Spanish. What kind of a moron makes a movie in a foreign language and doesn't put in subtitles because he doesn't want to offend anybody. A woke moron that's who. Hollywood is so full of idiots. You understand why people like Paul Newman and Robert Redford never wanted to live in Hollywood, stayed as far away from it as they could. Redford lives in Utah and Paul Newman lived in Connecticut and had an almost normal life when he wasn't making a movie. Jerry Seinfeld was only there when he was making his show and spent the rest of the year in New York City. He says he can't understand why anybody would live there, in Hollywood, if they didn't have to.

Is any member of this board even interested in seeing West Side Story? Why is EB posting about it so much?

Post about Spider-Man’s massive success or something. I’ve already seen it twice and can’t wait to go again.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 20th, 2021 at 12:40:24 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: ams288
Post about Spider-Man’s massive success or something. I’ve already seen it twice and can’t wait to go again.

I didn't think the movies were ever going to make this kind of recovery. This film terminates Tom Holland's contract, but he is in talks to do another trilogy.

Opening Weekend:
$253,000,000 Spider-Man: No Way Home (Dec 17, 2021)
$92,579,212 Spider-Man: Far From Home (Jul 2, 2019)
$117,027,503 Spider-Man: Homecoming (Jul 7, 2017)

Tom Holland also played small role as Spiderman in three previous films
Apr 26, 2019 Avengers: Endgame
Apr 27, 2018 Avengers: Infinity War
May 6, 2016 Captain America: Civil…

The other spider-man movie this year
$90,033,210 Venom: Let There be Carnage (2021) Opening Weekend:
December 20th, 2021 at 6:31:29 AM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2

Is any member of this board even interested in seeing West Side Story? Why is EB posting about it so much

I thought EB would be first in line to see this, after he goes on and on about how great La La Land and Downton Alley are.
December 20th, 2021 at 9:36:40 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: zippyboy

Is any member of this board even interested in seeing West Side Story? Why is EB posting about it so much

I thought EB would be first in line to see this, after he goes on and on about how great La La Land and Downton Alley are.

Very few minorities (if any) in Downton Abbey or La La Land.

Just sayin.
December 23rd, 2021 at 6:58:51 AM permalink
ams288
The Matrix Resurrections

What a strange movie. Definitely not what I was expecting. Some stuff I liked. Some stuff that baffled me. Definitely need to take some time to process it to determine my thoughts.
December 23rd, 2021 at 1:04:56 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
The cast and crew of "The Suicide Squad" should take after their title: lousy flick.
December 23rd, 2021 at 1:45:47 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
After I got over the fact the John Wick 2 was way over the top on actual capabilities of one man, I actually enjoyed it to a certain degree.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 24th, 2021 at 5:35:25 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: rxwine
After I got over the fact the John Wick 2 was way over the top on actual capabilities of one man, I actually enjoyed it to a certain degree.
lots and lots of movies like that ... sometimes I get over it, sometimes I bail
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 25th, 2021 at 12:54:03 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I used to be a huge It's a Wonderful Life fan back in the 80s and into the 90s when at Christmas it was shown on three different networks at the same time on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. My brother and I used to watch it and make fun of it it and add our own dialogue. By accident I ran across a modern computer colorized version of the movie on Amazon last night. I was stunned, it's like I never had seen this movie before. The colorization is perfect, it's precise it's intricate it's wonderful. I sat there slack-jawed half the time. Sometimes I paused it just to examine what they had done. Forget that crappy Ted Turner colorization from the 80s that was vile. This is very close to Technicolor in quality. Just watch it I guarantee you will not be disappointed.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.