Fishing With Face

Thread Rating:

May 29th, 2016 at 8:47:24 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Face
No word on their taste. I wouldn't expect it to be like perch or walleye, but probably similar to the panfish you already eat. Bluegill, rockie, smallies, they're all the same Family (scientific)

update: it was good eats!

very easy to clean too. I tried to scale it but nothing came off. So, I've heard of skinning certain fish, and began but it looked like a lot of flesh would come off and I stopped that. I'd get it off the skin after cooking, I figured. But, as you've probably already guessed, turned out the skin was edible too, with no sense you are eating scales. Or if you want, you can separate off and toss the skin easy after cooking.

Most of the fins tore off easy without a knife. Man, for me , easy cleaning is looming large, I like that!

The taste was as good as any from that family. Like I said, they never seem to get very big, but I tell you what, they are plentiful as hell and now I am going to keep any that get on the bigger side.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 7th, 2016 at 12:50:17 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/07/asia/fish-in-jellyfish-one-in-a-million-shot/

Eat or be eaten. The circle of Life.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 7th, 2016 at 1:00:20 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Article
"Although by the photographer's description of the fish swimming, my guess is that it is probably quite happy to be protected in there"

That was my first thought.

Jellyfish are quite fragile, certainly enough so that a struggling fish with spiny fins would shred it to bits. Jellyfish prey are "stung" by its nematocists (sp?) and paralyzed similar to a spider for just this reason. I've see fish "twitch" while being drawn in for consumption, but never so much as a struggle.

My money's on symbiosis, like an anemone and clown fish.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
November 26th, 2016 at 8:11:02 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: rxwine
Just another ordinary morning and you go out to put something in the trash... Hello there!

Can lift up to 30 kg.

Crushing force is strongest of any aquatic creature and amongst the few highest crushing force for any terrestial predator.
December 6th, 2016 at 5:55:23 PM permalink
rxwine
Pretty blue water, a little workout, and some uninvited guests show up. I enjoyed it.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 19th, 2017 at 11:02:25 AM permalink
rxwine
This doesn't exactly go the way you might expect.

June 19th, 2017 at 11:12:51 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Where is Face, anyway. He's posted exactly twice
this month. Where's the race car, where the
fish pond. He can't be THAT busy.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 19th, 2017 at 4:20:27 PM permalink
Face
Quote: Evenbob
Where is Face, anyway. He's posted exactly twice
this month. Where's the race car, where the
fish pond. He can't be THAT busy.

Besides sweeping up 716,597 pieces of spam? Currently binging. I'm on S:2 Ep:5 of The Golden Girls.
June 19th, 2017 at 4:27:28 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Face
Currently binging. I'm on S:2 Ep:5 of The Golden Girls.

Just kill yourself quickly, don't commit
suicide by Golden Girls. Seek help, we
beg you..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 19th, 2017 at 5:58:55 PM permalink
Face
Quote: Evenbob
Just kill yourself quickly, don't commit
suicide by Golden Girls. Seek help, we
beg you..

Just let me have this.

Pond is done for this year. All that's left is getting the UV filter and more rocks, neither of which are much of a post. And really, I might skip the UV altogether. I got the 3 goldfish, 7 pumpkinseed, and now 2 small largemouth, and the thing is perfect. I can see a rock that fell in the deepest part, so the shallow end is essentially crystal clear. All the fish are healthy, and that frog is getting huge. The sumbitch ate a crayfish the other day, and the next day my kid fed it a full dozen Canadian nightcrawlers. You can pretty much hand feed everything in it.

The car I suppose should be posted on. Short story, it's on pause.

But this thread, I AM too busy. Me and the kid been out plenty, often with the dog. Water snakes, bald eagles, snapping turtles big around as a 55g drum. We went out Father's Day and he punked me bad, just toyed with me on his way to a 9-7 victory. It's just that all my prep time for making these posts are run over by something or another every time. If I'm not going from work to job straight to lake, then it's work to Dr to chores with no loose time. And the depression ain't breaking, so that makes everything difficult.

'16 sucked. I guess I'm just burning '17 to ensure '18 don't.