Fishing With Face

Page 27 of 27« First<24252627
March 24th, 2018 at 1:34:23 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 126
There's a short part of the video where he seems to be baiting it with something. Small bits in the hole as well as through the tube.
No one has ever proven I am not God.
March 25th, 2018 at 4:26:20 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 87
It's easy to see how the video would show catching a lot more fish than can really be caught this way. Gee, how could that be done?

The crabs bother me. It just doesn't look like a place where you get crabs. I could be wrong. And the fish: nice big ones!
Mustard:You like Kipling, Miss Scarlet? Sure, I'll eat anything [from movie]
March 25th, 2018 at 4:54:04 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 115
Quote: odiousgambit
It just doesn't look like a place where you get crabs.!

This is where you're guaranteed to
get giant crabs..

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 26th, 2018 at 2:19:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 126
Quote: odiousgambit
It's easy to see how the video would show catching a lot more fish than can really be caught this way. Gee, how could that be done?

The crabs bother me. It just doesn't look like a place where you get crabs. I could be wrong. And the fish: nice big ones!

Hah, I didn't really think about it being hype. But I suppose it could be. I just thought it was some Southeast Asia style of fish trapping.

It seemed no odder than much else on YT. A lot less, actually.

Fish coming out of water for bait seemed no more unusual than non-aquatic animals who fish, sticking their head in the water. I even reasoned the ridges inside bamboo are what help the fish get stuck, whereas a smooth tube might not work.

I pretty much thought crabs are about everywhere there is water

EDIT == also, I noticed what I thought might be a useful feature of that trap, is he covered it with branches and leaves. Fish think they're safe entering a shady covered area. Of course, it could be to hide from other people.
No one has ever proven I am not God.
March 27th, 2018 at 3:22:18 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 87
I am willing to bet the fish trap works pretty good, but that the results were exaggerated with some additions off-camera .

crabs are definitely saltwater only. Brackish probably is OK I am going to 'sort-of' defend that statement in that if you run into such a thing, be surprised. Looked it up, I was wrong to think there were no exceptions. Come to think of it there are land crabs too, hermit crabs etc, but do they need to breed in water? almost for sure I think.

Quote: link
[freshwater types] tend to be endemic to small areas. As a result, a large proportion are threatened with extinction.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freshwater_crab
Mustard:You like Kipling, Miss Scarlet? Sure, I'll eat anything [from movie]
Page 27 of 27« First<24252627