Fishing With Face

Thread Rating:

September 5th, 2019 at 7:35:55 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Face, do you eat any of the fish you catch? I never remember you mentioning cleaning and cooking them up.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 5th, 2019 at 7:48:01 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: DRich
Face, do you eat any of the fish you catch? I never remember you mentioning cleaning and cooking them up.

Might as well say never. I'm just not that into food, eating mostly as a matter of survival instead of enjoyment, and when I do have a desirable seafood meal it's always crustaceans. Kid recently told me he loves it though, so next time we get into a number of walleyes I promised we'd keep some.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
September 5th, 2019 at 11:46:27 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Face
Might as well say never. I'm just not that into food, eating mostly as a matter of survival instead of enjoyment, and when I do have a desirable seafood meal it's always crustaceans. Kid recently told me he loves it though, so next time we get into a number of walleyes I promised we'd keep some.

I really thought free food would be right up your wheelhouse.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 5th, 2019 at 11:52:36 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I still remember all the little bones the first time my mom cooked up some lake fish I caught with my Dad. Shakamak State Park. I was used to fish sticks up to that point!

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 5th, 2019 at 12:33:15 PM permalink
Face
Quote: DRich
I really thought free food would be right up your wheelhouse.

Hehe, I don't eat enough for it to matter.

It's mostly conditioning. This lake business is "new" to me; I'm very much a pond and swamp guy to the core. The patchwork of cultures here means I'm also living in Amish country, and dude,... they f#$%ing KILL every hole they go to. Forget their complete ignorance of creel limits, no matter the law you've gotta know water. Pull 1,000 fish a week out of 2 acres and you just f#$%ed that pond for a decade, no matter the legal limit. After an entire lifetime of having my holes killed one after another all the way up to present day, I just grew to eschew killing anything, despite going from 2 acres to now 9,900 square miles lol. I just never bred that mentality.

What stops me now is just applied Buddhism, Second Truth specifically. I don't want the "want", if you can dig it. Xmas is hard enough without trying to pack the sled, hut, and auger into the mail truck ;)
September 7th, 2019 at 11:03:43 AM permalink
Face
Remember this?

They're filming a movie there right now. That's the third movie in my town since I've been born (Planes, Trains and Automobiles / The Natural / whatever this one is). Kinda weird as we didn't even have a McD's until 1997 or so and ain't never broke the 3k population mark.

No clue what it could be, just know there's a train there made to look as if something exploded out of it. Alls I know is they best be gone by Oct or they're gonna get a lesson in public access and have an extra to pay =p
September 8th, 2019 at 12:48:19 PM permalink
ChesterDog
Threads: 0
...They're filming a movie there right now. That's the third movie in my town since I've been born (Planes, Trains and Automobiles / The Natural / whatever this one is)...

I'm eager to find out the name of the movie. Maybe, it is "A Quiet Place: Part II." https://www.syracuse.com/entertainment/2019/07/a-quiet-place-2-begins-filming-in-western-ny-see-photos.html
September 8th, 2019 at 3:53:51 PM permalink
Face
It is, indeed.
September 8th, 2019 at 4:19:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
It is, indeed.

A good paparazzi shot can be worth quite a few $$$. (motor money, boat money, vacation money)

But probably the only person worth taking a photo on the set is Emily Blunt. Don't think that will fetch you much.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 9th, 2019 at 4:30:19 AM permalink
ChesterDog
Threads: 0
It is, indeed.

Thanks!

I will definitely go to see the movie, although I didn't see "A Quiet Place," parts of which were filmed in Little Falls, NY, a town I frequented as a kid.