2 votes (28.57%)
1 vote (14.28%)
3 votes (42.85%)

7 members have voted

March 5th, 2014 at 2:54:14 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I fell out of it for a while, but Survivor used to be one of my guilty pleasures. Last week I happened to surf around the channels and caught the first episode of the new season. The thrust of it is there are three tribes of six people each, the brains, brawns, and the beauties. In the first episode (actually it was probably two episodes back to back) there were two tribal counsels and the brains had to vote off somebody both times.

To interest you in watching, here is a little eye candy of one of the beauties.

There is a new episode tonight. I hope to get at least one person to discuss it with.

The question for the poll is from which original tribe do you think the winner will come from?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
March 5th, 2014 at 3:02:16 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Did you ever try to be a contestant? Since you're both active and would have an interesting background for the show you might be a good choice for them.

Based on the characters they've had on the show you don't need to be Adonis, just potentially interesting. If you can jabber on about strategy and tactics on camera, that's the best.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 5th, 2014 at 3:07:08 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Never underestimate the brains and brawn of a beauty.
You provided nice eye candy but that doesn't mean she doesn't have a PhD in Game Strategy and a black belt in Karate.

I got a little tired of the show at season one so I just quit watching it.
March 5th, 2014 at 3:37:01 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
Did you ever try to be a contestant? Since you're both active and would have an interesting background for the show you might be a good choice for them.

It would be my dream to be on that show. I've filled out the application three times but each time I thought "They will never pick me after reading this." Not to mention I have no clue how to make the required video of myself. Then again, they've had professional poker players on the show a few times, so maybe they would look kindly on my background.

If anyone knows any former contestants, please send them my way. I could use some advise.

Then again, I should be careful what I wish for. Knowing my (repelling) magnetism with women, every female on the show would be gunning to vote me off. I doubt I'd last long.

Quote: Fleastiff
You provided nice eye candy but that doesn't mean she doesn't have a PhD in Game Strategy and a black belt in Karate.

She was a 49ers cheerleader straight out of high school.
March 5th, 2014 at 5:11:15 PM permalink
DJTeddyBear
Threads: 5
Quote: rxwine
Did you ever try to be a contestant?
My wife found out about it before the first season and suggested I try out.

Pardon the pun, but I knew based on the skimpy description that I'd never survive.

(FYI: I'm in shape. Round is a shape, right?)

After (or while?) we watched the first episode of that first season, I accused her of trying to kill me!
Ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power. But having only some facts can get you into trouble!
March 5th, 2014 at 5:15:25 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Quote: Wizard
To interest you in watching, here is a little eye candy of one of the beauties.

There is a new episode tonight. I hope to get at least one person to discuss it with.

The question for the poll is from which original tribe do you think the winner will come from?

I watch regularly too. Yeah, she's pretty, but boy is she ever full of herself. Every time the camera's on her, she tells us "Yeah, I can make any man do what I want" or "No man would vote me out!". Such blatant egotism got old after an hour.
March 5th, 2014 at 5:49:54 PM permalink
rxwine
It would be my dream to be on that show. I've filled out the application three times but each time I thought "They will never pick me after reading this." Not to mention I have no clue how to make the required video of myself. Then again, they've had professional poker players on the show a few times, so maybe they would look kindly on my background.

I'd probably hire a pro for the so-called "amateur" video.

Second, in your case, you could lay out a big chart of Survivor odds behind you to show during the video. That might help hook them. I don't know exactly what things you would look at, but jumble a bunch of stats about winners or losers and come up with something interesting. More important to be interesting than strictly sticking to charting winners or losers (IMO), so throwing in any odd findings a plus.

Quote:
Then again, I should be careful what I wish for. Knowing my (repelling) magnetism with women, every female on the show would be gunning to vote me off. I doubt I'd last long.

You should probably adapt some Judo philosophy and turn repelling into strength:

Quote:
In short, resisting a more powerful opponent will result in your defeat, whilst adjusting to and evading your opponent's attack will cause him to lose his balance, his power will be reduced, and you will defeat him. This can apply whatever the relative values of power, thus making it possible for weaker opponents to beat significantly stronger ones. This is the theory of ju yoku go o seisu.[16

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judo
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 5th, 2014 at 5:51:52 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: DJTeddyBear
After (or while?) we watched the first episode of that first season, I accused her of trying to kill me!

Hah ha, only start worrying if she has a new life insurance policy for you.
March 5th, 2014 at 8:32:51 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: zippyboy
Yeah, she's pretty, but boy is she ever full of herself. Every time the camera's on her, she tells us "Yeah, I can make any man do what I want" or "No man would vote me out!". Such blatant egotism got old after an hour.

It may sound arrogant, but she is probably right.
March 13th, 2014 at 8:09:08 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Not to mention I have no clue how to make the required video of myself.

You know how to make GoPro movies, I've seen them. Just face the camera toward you, and go ;)

I think you have to be a sort of caricature to get on. Just turn your math nerd knob to 11, and let 'er rip. Oh, and be full of yourself. TV land doesn't like humility. Douchebags are "in" these days.

I think I stopped watching part way through season 2. Just too much personal drama, not enough survivalist drama.

But if you really want to do it....

Survivor: WoV ? =D
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
Page 1 of 212>