standalone commercials

Page 3 of 7<123456>Last »
August 20th, 2016 at 9:37:53 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: zippyboy
Now that weed's legal here in Washington, there's a whole series of commercials to discourage stoned driving, here's a couple:s

I got high when I was 20 for awhile. Feeling
and acting stupid got real old real fast and
I haven't done it since. It's called growing
up. But if you're stupid to begin with, how
would you know the difference between
being high and everyday life. Like the guys
in these commercials.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 20th, 2016 at 10:31:46 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
I got high when I was 20 for awhile. Feeling
and acting stupid got real old real fast and
I haven't done it since. It's called growing
up. But if you're stupid to begin with, how
would you know the difference between
being high and everyday life. Like the guys
in these commercials.

It clearly seems we will have a stoner subculture in the open in the USA. Will it be accepted or will the way to snuff it out be to make pot simply socially unacceptable, like furs and smoking have become?
The President is a fink.
August 20th, 2016 at 11:01:35 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
It clearly seems we will have a stoner subculture in the open in the USA. Will it be accepted or will the way to snuff it out be to make pot simply socially unacceptable, like furs and smoking have become?

I don't see what the big deal is
We live in an alcohol culture
I admit I smoke
I don't drink because in my personal view, alcohol is a hard drug.
Smoking does not disable me. Drinking does, it totally disables me. Can barely walk when drunk, to me that's an extremely strong drug
I have no interest in drugs so strong they actually disable you making it difficult to walk.
Alcoholism has run rampant on the white side of my family. Devastating.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 20th, 2016 at 12:07:07 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: terapined

I admit I smoke

I have no interest in drugs so strong they actually disable you making it difficult to walk.

Well, which is it?
The President is a fink.
August 20th, 2016 at 12:14:23 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: terapined

I admit I smoke

That explains volumes. See my post
above.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 20th, 2016 at 4:48:57 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Here's a cool one for Adidas, although it might as well be for GoPro cameras. Very cool camera work, especially the somersaults in a parachute at 1:04. I didn't even realize that was possible.

That's impressive. That's as close to Superman flying in real life as I have ever seen. More than jetpacks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBG6DghgsrE
August 20th, 2016 at 8:15:59 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Quote: Pacomartin
That's impressive. That's as close to Superman flying in real life as I have ever seen. More than jetpacks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBG6DghgsrE

I bought a GoPro last year, a Hero4 Black series, but I don't do enough fun stuff to film. Used it a couple times for dumb things like making a meal while out camping. America is having a solar eclipse this day next year, so I'll film that. I saw a partial solar eclipse in Texas 20 years ago, and it is surreal! A 90% up here in Washington will be something special.
August 20th, 2016 at 8:21:37 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
And Bob, in regards to smoking weed, since it's been legal here in WA, everyone I know uses it in some way. Even respectable folks in high society. Those people I never would've expected still eat the edibles to help them sleep. It really works and doesn't make you stupid, or any more stupid than liquor does.The stoner depicted in movies isn't accurate in daily life. I don't know anyone like that, and I would look down on those idiots myself, but that isn't how it is in weed-legal Washington.
August 20th, 2016 at 9:38:44 PM permalink
Evenbob
The stoner depicted in movies isn't accurate in daily life. .

I've been around stoned people off and on
all my life. They hang with other stoners
because regular people won't tolerate
them when half their brain disappears in
the smoke, but stoners will. I smoked
every day for over a year and the stuff
then wasn't a tenth as potent as it is now.
I've smoked opium, which is the best high
you'll ever have. It takes a special person
to get high all the time, I'm not that 'special'.

What's your problem with alcohol, you mention
it all time. What does it have to do with weed,
it's apple and oranges.
August 21st, 2016 at 3:45:25 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Legalized pot is making America’s lower class poorer and less responsible

"In fact, the typical user is much more likely to be someone at the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder, whose daily life is driven, at least in part, by the question of how and where to get more marijuana. Just consider the cost. Almost a third of users are spending a tenth of their income on marijuana. And 15 percent of users spend nearly a quarter of their income to purchase the drug. The poor have not only become the heaviest users, but their use is making them poorer."

I really do not care about legalization anymore. The more people smokin and tokin their brains out is less people to compete with in the job market as far as I am concerned. But to claim pot is harmless is naive. Medical use for pain, I get it. For cancer patients to induce hunger, I get it. Regular, recreational use, I don't get it.
The President is a fink.
Page 3 of 7<123456>Last »