Malaysian Jet

Page 2 of 34<12345>Last »
March 9th, 2014 at 4:26:56 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Now they're talking rocket. Shrug.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 9th, 2014 at 8:06:55 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Crashed into the opening of a volcano.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 10th, 2014 at 1:00:50 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: beachbumbabs
A good friend of mine in the business has provided a pretty well-balanced synopsis so far;
LDougWicker
FoolsGold has pending comment at that site admitting that it is indeed very rare for a catastrophic incident to occur at flight altitudes, but not impossible. FG points out that uncommanded activation of the thrust reversers would put the plane in a full 90 degree nose down dive and would be an event which accounts for the other known items of: No transponder, No ACARS, No radio chatter, No debris field and No "ping" or activation from an ELT. No glide angle at all. No maneuvering. No ability to move control surfaces at all much less to effect sufficient control surface movement to effect a recovery or even alter the full nose down dive angle.
In effect, the airliner "cratered" with crew unable to do anything about it or even to restore partial electronics or partial hydraulics.

That is why there is no glide and no debris field.

What sayeth the experts?
March 10th, 2014 at 4:17:57 AM permalink
s2dbaker
Threads: 13
Quote: Fleastiff
What sayeth the experts?
About as plausible as an airplane falling out of the sky in mid cruise. I remember hearing that thrust reversers can't be engaged unless the wheels are on the ground. Could it be that in an act of hubris, the co-pilot tested that theory and there was a catastrophic safety system failure?

I'm going to be on a plane Wednesday and Sunday. I hope the co-pilot keeps his hands to himself.
March 10th, 2014 at 5:14:49 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Is there any record of jet wreckage never being found?
March 10th, 2014 at 11:54:33 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Pacomartin
Is there any record of jet wreckage never being found?

I think big old b-52s got lost in war times for long periods (decades), but we are definitely living in a different era. So, I think it is much more startling now than it would be in an earlier time.

Wonder if they could add something to jet fuel to make it even more visible, possibly miles further away.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 10th, 2014 at 12:09:12 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: rxwine
Wonder if they could add something to jet fuel to make it even more visible, possibly miles further away.

Probably an automatic transmission of key data (position, altitude, and velocity) every five minutes is doable. I assume that they don't do that since there are so few incidents during cruising. But at least if something like a bomb, a missile, a suicide were to happen, they would know about it immediately, and know where to look.

Automatic dependent surveillance-broadcast will do that every second and is due to be implemented in 6 years in USA.
March 10th, 2014 at 12:13:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I just read it got beamed up to the alien mothership.
That's what I'm going with, case closed..

Whatever went down, you have to wonder how many
people were thinking, in their final moments, 'I knew
this would happen to me someday'.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 10th, 2014 at 12:39:46 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Evenbob
Whatever went down, you have to wonder how many
people were thinking, in their final moments, 'I knew
this would happen to me someday'.

Worse, if you're up high, you could have up to 5 minutes to consider your impending doom. Hopefully, you might pass out if the cabin loses pressure rapidly, but maybe not, depending on what's going on.
March 10th, 2014 at 12:45:29 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I think Amelia Earhart's plane was never found. Small planes often can be hard to find, too, even when they crash on the ground.

A large commercial palne anywhere on dry land would be easy tos pot. You'd see where it plowed in, and a huge burnt area at the end. A crash on the ocean leaves few signs on the surface, if any.

The "black" boxes carry sonar transponders, are painted bright orange with reflective stripes and I think they have a radio beacon as well (useless under water). But they're not easy to find.

It will be found, eventually. It will just take time.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
Page 2 of 34<12345>Last »