Evenbob
Threads: 146
Even the pope has admitted the clergy has a huge
Gay problem. At least 40% of priests are Gay,
some say it's 60%. Jesus likes the Gays,
apparently.

'Vatican police 'break up gay orgy' at home of one of Pope Francis' advisors"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/vatican-police-break-up-gay-10743972
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 6th, 2017 at 10:36:01 AM permalink
Evenbob
I can't get enough of this story. The Gay's
run the Church, how many parties like
this do they have where they were never
caught. Hundreds..

Vatican Police Raid Drug-Infused Gay Orgy at Home of Cardinal’s Aide

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2017/07/06/vatican-police-raid-drug-infused-gay-orgy-at-home-of-cardinals-aide/
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 24th, 2017 at 8:48:11 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Even blatantly false religious belief is capable of convincing people to do stupid things.

Quote:
Two former leaders of an isolated polygamous community in Canada were convicted Monday of practicing polygamy after a decades-long legal fight,

Quote:
Blackmore was married to 25 women at the same time and that Oler was married to five women in the tiny community of Bountiful.

People who think religious belief is true because of how motivated its followers are only have to look at religious belief they consider false.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/canadian-polygamous-leader-found-guilty-of-having-25-wives/ar-AAoMy64?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Quote:
I'm guilty of living my religion and that's all I'm saying today because I've never denied that," Blackmore told reporters after the verdict. "
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 25th, 2017 at 6:03:42 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Fanaticism doesn't prove it's true. It does prove they are real believers and aren't lying about it. Moslem suicide bombers are true believers even though their system is wrong.
July 25th, 2017 at 10:40:30 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: pew
Fanaticism doesn't prove it's true. It does prove they are real believers and aren't lying about it..

People used to believe magicians really
made people disappear into thin air,
they weren't lying in their belief either.
What's your point, that people will believe
just about anything if they're ignorant
enough?
July 25th, 2017 at 11:17:01 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: pew
Fanaticism doesn't prove it's true. It does prove they are real believers and aren't lying about it.
It proves they are willing to be radical about an issue. I don't believe the SJW's really believe their mantra. Do you think the people that were paid to ride buses and protest Trump during the election although fanatical and bashing windshields were true believers? Half the fanatics are doing it for the money. The reason for being fanatic is to make you believe

Quote:
Moslem suicide bombers are true believers even though their system is wrong.
Look at some of those 10-14 year old kids wearing a vest, they have sweat running down their foreheads the size of dimes. They are scared *^## less. They are going to detonate out of fear, not belief. Some are doing it because they know their families will be killed if they don't. Not because they believe or care about a bunch of virgins.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 25th, 2017 at 12:06:04 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: petroglyph
Some are doing it because they know their families will be killed if they don't. Not because they believe or care about a bunch of virgins.

Many are doing it because their families
will be set for life if they do. Big sums
of money are paid to bribe families
in places like Palestine. It's a cottage
industry.
August 12th, 2017 at 1:50:01 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Hate the belief, not the believer.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 15th, 2017 at 1:13:46 PM permalink
Evenbob
What's irritating about Christianity is, they take
all the innate human traits, like charity, and looking
out for your fellow man, and they ascribe them to
some fake god so they can then have power over
the believers. It's how they make people dependent
on the priest class, by giving them power they
have right to claim.
September 15th, 2017 at 1:26:56 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Christianity teaches that all human beings are made in the image and likeness of God and they posses innate human traits like charity as part of their own nature. This reality is what gives every human being from the moment they are conceived an inviolable dignity. It doesn't matter if you are an atheist and believe in an impossible eternal universe or a false idea that the universe just popped into being from nothing, all people posses in themselves greatness.

I am trying to follow your argument though Bob and you need to fill in some holes.
1. Christians ascribe things like charity found in human beings to God.
2. This idea gives Christians power over believers.

For the life of me I can't see how 1 and 2 relate or support each other. How does 2 follow from 1? I also think 2 is vague at best. Who are these "Christians" who all the sudden have power over other "believers". What separates these "believers" from these "Christians"?

I appreciate you renewing our public debates but your post needs a lot of work to make sense.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (