Original Sin?

January 20th, 2019 at 4:42:21 PM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 128
Posts: 17634
Quote: petroglyph
Wives, children, prayers, school work, jobs, friendships,....that's what worldly distraction is. If you seek peace, try going without all that distraction. Do the 40 day walk in the desert bare foot.


LOL! He just described most of the
'worldly distractions' we put up
with every day. Work, spouses, kids,
school,jobs, hobbies, friends,
working out, those are the things
that take up 95% of our time.

In other words he's giving nothing up.
Doing this for real would mean a
cabin in the woods with no electric,
alone for 90 days. That will never
happen these days, people are way
too spoiled.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 20th, 2019 at 4:50:13 PM permalink
petroglyph
Member since: Aug 3, 2014
Threads: 21
Posts: 3888
Quote: Evenbob
LOL! He just described most of the
'worldly distractions' we put up
with every day. Work, spouses, kids,
school,jobs, hobbies, friends,
working out, those are the things
that take up 95% of our time.

In other words he's giving nothing up.
Doing this for real would mean a
cabin in the woods with no electric,
alone for 90 days. That will never
happen these days, people are way
too spoiled.
I remember being on call for the power company. I came to one house, whose power had been out for a couple days. The guy comes to the door and tells me, " I don't care about the electricity, but you've got to get this tv going for the kids". The kids were devastated without the tv.
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
January 20th, 2019 at 4:58:58 PM permalink
aceofspades
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 66
Posts: 1255
Quote: Evenbob
LOL! He just described most of the
'worldly distractions' we put up
with every day. Work, spouses, kids,
school,jobs, hobbies, friends,
working out, those are the things
that take up 95% of our time.

In other words he's giving nothing up.
Doing this for real would mean a
cabin in the woods with no electric,
alone for 90 days. That will never
happen these days, people are way
too spoiled.




Ted Kaczynski approves!
February 10th, 2019 at 3:51:04 PM permalink
ams288
Member since: Apr 21, 2016
Threads: 16
Posts: 3900
Quote: FrGamble
I'll let you know when its over but please try to keep Bob in check and from going over the deep end. Peace!


Based on the events over at WoV, Id say weve failed FrG.
In order to insult me, I must first value your opinion
February 10th, 2019 at 8:31:39 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Member since: Oct 23, 2012
Threads: 210
Posts: 5325
Quote: ams288
Based on the events over at WoV, Id say weve failed FrG.


Warning. I don't like discussing WoV suspensions over here.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
July 17th, 2019 at 1:36:18 AM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 128
Posts: 17634
I was watching an old Tony Bourdain
episode from when he was in Italy.
Everywhere he went I kept seeing
Jesus upon the cross. It was around
people's necks, it was in churches,
it was sold in shops. I haven't
mentioned this for a while, but
Christianity is really a death
glorifying religion.

They almost worship death. The symbol
of their religion is a device used for
killing people, the cross. When they
perform the Eucharist, they are
cannibalizing the body of Jesus, literally
eating him and drinking his blood.
They're obsessed with what life will be
like after death.

They look forward with great excitement
to dying. The CenterPoint of their religion
is that Jesus died and then he rose from
the dead. The entire purpose of the religion
seems to be preparing themselves for death.
Now FRG will say, oh Bob, you couldn't be
more wrong. My Religion is all about
celebrating life. To which I reply, is it really?
I mean come on, everything I said above
is true, every bit of it. They glorify the suffering
in Jesus death by never taking him down
from the execution device that he is nailed to.
. Which I find disgusting and creepy, by the way.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 17th, 2019 at 6:48:47 AM permalink
aceofspades
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 66
Posts: 1255


July 17th, 2019 at 10:48:17 AM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 128
Posts: 17634
Quote: aceofspades



In one scene there was an old woman
shopkeeper. In the 30 seconds she
was on camera she made the sign
of the cross 5 times, I went back
and counted them. Making the
sign of an execution and torture
device to ward off evil, or bring
good luck, or whatever weird twisted
reason they use it, is as disgusting
as seeing a bleeding dying Jesus
still hanging on the cross.

At least the Protestant's saw this and
you never see it in their Church's or
them crossing themselves. They still
do their version of the Eucharist though,
yuck..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 17th, 2019 at 7:47:50 PM permalink
FrGamble
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 59
Posts: 6628
I think an empty cross is the scariest thing, it means it's ready for us. Jesus on the cross reminds us that He took our place and saved us from eternal death. It is the greatest act of love ever. God dying for us to set us free. He is also still on the cross because He still suffers with us and for us. Maybe you need to go visit some places were so many innocent people suffer so greatly to see the power of the Crucified Lord. Still today Jesus is mocked and ridiculed and insulted, yet His arms are outstretched in love for all.
It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures. (
July 17th, 2019 at 9:11:21 PM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 128
Posts: 17634
Quote: FrGamble
I think an empty cross is the scariest thing, it means it's ready for us.


An empty cross is disgusting, but sorry,
not as disgusting as one with a body
hanging on it. If he'd died in the elecric
chair you'd all be wearing it around
your necks with him strapped in getting
fried. Good grief.

Quote:
Jesus on the cross reminds us that He took our place


No, it's a remnant of pagan times
when they made sacrifices and
worshiped cruelty to appease
the gods. It's meant to frighten
people, not mollify them.

Quote:
It is the greatest act of love ever.


Not even close. Far greater acts of
love is when a parent goes back
into a burning building to rescue
his son and perishes trying. He
doesn't know he's a god like in
the Jesus myth. There are thousands
of stories of acts of love that make
the Jesus myth laughable.

Quote:
God dying for us to set us free. He is also still on the cross because He still suffers with us and for us. Maybe.


And blah blah blah. You're always
selling, always closing the sale.
Always be closing, like in Glengary
Glenross. So boring, repeating catch
phrases we've all heard ad nauseum
forever. Heard so often they are
devoid of meaning.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.