Threads: 4
Quote: Evenbob
Man created god, of course. We
create gods as we need them,
and destroy them when they
are no longer useful. Yehvey
is about done, time for a new
one based on tech..
Now that's an interesting subject. The idea that technology would get so powerful that it attains god like attributes. When will it go from science fiction to science fact?
August 13th, 2019 at 1:51:23 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: pew
Now that's an interesting subject. The idea that technology would get so powerful that it attains god like attributes. When will it go from science fiction to science fact?

Science fiction becomes science fact on an almost daily basis
Just look at the progression made from Verne to Asimov to Gibson to present day
August 13th, 2019 at 1:53:54 PM permalink
pew
Quote: aceofspades
EB - that, of course, is the answer but I wanted to find out what FrG's response would be
I predict he will use the circular reasoning that "God" was, is and always will be
I don't think that's circular reasoning. Saying the bible is true because the bible says the bible is true is an example of circular reasoning. "God" was, is and always will be" is merely a definition of God.
August 13th, 2019 at 1:59:46 PM permalink
pew
Who is this Gibson of who you speak?
August 13th, 2019 at 2:05:26 PM permalink
pew
We haven't created the tech god quite yet, I think Google is pretty powerful but even they have way to go in that regard.
August 13th, 2019 at 4:17:58 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Who is this Gibson of who you speak?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Gibson
August 13th, 2019 at 4:43:12 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67

Who created "God"?

I don't think you get it. God is not created, God is the creator. This is a necessary fact for anything to exist. It might help you to not use the name God because your false atheism won't allow you to see past this name we give to the required being or force of all that exists. It might also help to think of moments in time. Like Lego blocks they are built upon the one below it. Ultimately though there could be no present moment or top of these blocks without a foundation upon which everything rests and depends upon. Something not made of legos, something outside of time. To ask who created God is to express a complete misunderstanding of what God is. For there to be anything there must be something that grounds all that is, that is necessary and non-violent on anything else for it's existence. You cannot escape this truth even if you try to come up with fantastic ideas of multi-verses or the crazy claim of an eternally existing material universe. I hope you understand.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
August 13th, 2019 at 4:49:18 PM permalink
FrGamble
My only disagreement with pew here is that in regards to the existence of God human reason can get us there and it is worth discussing. I have given up trying to argue with Evenbob about Christianity because his mind is so poisoned against it and he wholeheartedly is content to believe lies about it. I can only point out where he is mistaken for the benefit of others. However, I do believe that anyone can reason to a sure belief in something supernatural that is the source of all existence.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
August 13th, 2019 at 4:57:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
"God" was, is and always will be" is merely a definition of God.

The universe was, is, and always will be.
Just leave god out of it and you're
there. God isn't needed.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 13th, 2019 at 5:13:52 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Evenbob
The universe was, is, and always will be.
Just leave god out of it and you're
there. God isn't needed.

So the universe is your God?