2 votes (12.5%)
10 votes (62.5%)
1 vote (6.25%)

16 members have voted

October 26th, 2016 at 7:04:49 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Pacomartin
Look at Kunal Nayyar as Dr. Rajesh Koothrappali. He sometimes delivers less than 20 lines in an episode and he is being paid $700K-$800K per episode.

But remember all the episodes when he couldn't speak if Penny was on screen :)

No doubt CBS will want a spinoff either while the show goes on or after it ends. But if the former, then the show needs to go on for another season.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
October 26th, 2016 at 7:26:18 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Nareed
But remember all the episodes when he couldn't speak if Penny was on screen :)

No doubt CBS will want a spinoff either while the show goes on or after it ends. But if the former, then the show needs to go on for another season.

As I understand it, CBS has the option to renew for one more season and the actors can't walk. However, the salary is up for negotiation (but presumably there are some guidelines in the last contract).

Jim Carrey declined an upfront salary for his role in the film, Yes Man. He was instead paid 36.2% of the film's gross after its production and marketing costs were recovered which amounted to $35million. Until Jm Parsons can make that kind of money in film, he will probably be very happy with $24 million for a season of TBBT.

Right now the principals earn $1,000,000 per episode + more than 1 point of the series' backend money (2014-2017)
October 26th, 2016 at 10:58:02 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Pacomartin
After 300 episodes of Michael Weatherly playing Anthony DiNozzo on NCIS for CBS, the show seems to have survived his leaving. Weatherley's new show, "Bull" which follows NCIS is by far the most watched new show this season.

I couldn't make it thru a whole episode
of Bull. It's Tony DiNozzo playing a
lawyer, it was awful.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 12th, 2016 at 8:48:23 AM permalink
Pacomartin

Maria Canals-Barrera (age 50) was on TBBT episode last night playing a cleaning woman that Kunal Nayyar's (age 35) character is attracted too. The implication was that she would return for another episode.

Previous love interests have been played by actresses younger than him

Given the extreme rarity of female characters on TV involved with men who are significantly younger, is this an attention getting device, or a serious attempt at changing stereotypes?

In the TBBT episode, the character is miffed that Rajesh thinks she is Mexican when she is Cuban. Maria Canals-Barrera played a Mexican American in her last TV series.
November 12th, 2016 at 11:45:52 AM permalink
Evenbob
The new season of NCIS without Michael
Weatherly is unwatchable. The Gibbs
character is getting so old the show is
kind of ridiculous now. Mark Harmon
is 65 and looks every bit of it. The
show has the same audience Matlock
and Murder She Wrote did, people over
60. I can't imagine a 20 something watching
for even 5 minutes.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 12th, 2016 at 12:12:30 PM permalink
Pacomartin

They did a segment on SATC about men with shoe fetishes. The story was that it is the most acceptable form of fetish to women, because so many of them suffer from the same fetish (although in their case it is considered normal).

I think TV should start catering to fetish market, just to keep ratings up.
December 14th, 2016 at 6:58:03 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
There was some awards show on the other night and they interviewed Sheldon on the red carpet. Of course he was asked "Is this the last season?" and he gave some evasive "I don't know, I hope not" answer.

It will be very interesting to see how contract negotiations go...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 14th, 2016 at 7:21:34 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: ams288
It will be very interesting to see how contract negotiations go...

the narrative is ambiguous enough.

On one hand Bernadette and Howard are about to be parents, Leonard and penny are married, Sheldon and Amy are living together. So all that can be wrapped up neatly. But Raj is still single, Stuart is again failing, and no one seems likely to move to the other side of the country for a job opportunity.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 14th, 2016 at 11:40:59 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: ams288
There was some awards show on the other night and they interviewed Sheldon on the red carpet. Of course he was asked "Is this the last season?" and he gave some evasive "I don't know, I hope not" answer.

Talk about a show that has run out of
steam. Same thing happened with
How I Met Your Mother. The last 2
seasons were unwatchable. There
are only so many scenarios that fit
a storyline, and BBT hit that a couple
seasons ago. It's just not funny now,
it's a cliche.
December 14th, 2016 at 11:46:50 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Have they done "A very special Big Bang"?

They used to do that on old sitcoms. It's usually a crap episode jazzed up with some higher drama of some sort.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?