some childish thing to appear because
you happen to at the GPS coordinates
it's programmed for. You are truly in
a sad state of affairs if this thing
entertains you. I saw a guy playing
it at Walmart and was embarrassed
for him. Easily entertained doesn't
even cover it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 1st, 2016 at 3:33:19 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Evenbob
I looked at it, a truly stupider game
I've never seen. Walk around outside
staring down at a phone, waiting for
some childish thing to appear because
you happen to at the GPS coordinates
it's programmed for. You are truly in
a sad state of affairs if this thing
entertains you. I saw a guy playing
it at Walmart and was embarrassed
for him. Easily entertained doesn't
even cover it.

I am having fun and getting exercise
Old couch potatoes with nothing better to do then complain about people having fun and getting exercise, that truly is a sad state of affairs
Are you mad at me because you claimed Trump always has huge crowds with a thousand that cant get in and I embarrassed you with the truth and photographic evidence
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 1st, 2016 at 3:43:05 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: terapined
I am having fun and getting exercise

Wandering aimlessly is not exercise. Google
'Pokemon go is stupid' or 'Pokemon go is
moronic' and you'll see I'm not alone.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 1st, 2016 at 5:24:13 PM permalink
terapined
Wandering aimlessly is not exercise. Google
'Pokemon go is stupid' or 'Pokemon go is
moronic' and you'll see I'm not alone.

The number 1 app on the planet
I'm the one that's not alone
lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 1st, 2016 at 5:44:13 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: terapined
The number 1 app on the planet
I'm the one that's not alone
lol

Oh, absolutely. The world is full of blithering
idiots, look how many believe a dead man
came alive after 3 days and is now their best
friend. They can't prove it or even show a
shred of evidence, they only believe because
a lot of other people do. Lunacy.
August 1st, 2016 at 6:36:00 PM permalink
terapined
Oh, absolutely. The world is full of blithering
idiots, look how many believe a dead man
came alive after 3 days and is now their best
friend. They can't prove it or even show a
shred of evidence, they only believe because
a lot of other people do. Lunacy.

????????
I'm having fun. Lots of people are having fun.
Are you of the opinion that for some reason we are so dumb that in reality we are not having fun
You're absurd
I'm having fun. Its fun to be outside playing the game, talking to other people having fun.
Its social, we help each other out. Somebody puts out a lure(pokemon bait) and everybody sees the bait.
I've thanked people for putting out lures and people have thanked me.
Its about fun. Its even more fun being around people having the same fun.
Try to have some fun sometime EB, that's what life is really about :-)
August 2nd, 2016 at 6:19:23 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Success! With the proprietary cable, the phone charges extremely well. It went from 76% to 93% charge in 20 minutes.

Now I just need to get a cable for the car. It's a bit of a hassle unplugging it from the wall plug, and making sure the little white square doesn't get lost.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 3rd, 2017 at 10:48:50 AM permalink
Nareed
I can see how the Samsung something 7 something phone caught on fire. My own Samsung Galaxy Note 3 tends to get quite warm with some games. But also it will do this on its own from time to time. It's not hot enough to burn me, or itself, but it's very noticeable when you pick up the phone.

Curiously what gets warmest is the top part of the screen. My theory is that's where the CPU sits, and it gets hot when sued intensively. It's well known some background apps can use up the battery while allegedly not running, but battery use is tied to what the processor is doing, all other things being equal.

But it hasn't caught fire... yet :)
January 3rd, 2017 at 1:41:57 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Nareed
Curiously what gets warmest is the top part of the screen.

Warm is OK, but hot is not.

Back of the cell phone getting hot
When your phone starts to get warm does it seem to be the whole phone or does it seem to be mostly on the back area where the battery sits? Perhaps it’s not the cell phone that’s overheating but the battery within the cell phone. If the back of your phone seems to be heating up, especially where the battery sits, then take few seconds to visit how to check if the battery on an Android smartphone is overheating. Replacing a defective battery is going to be much more affordable and less troublesome then trying to repair or replace a cell phone that’s overheating. So check out that article and if your battery passes the battery test and seems to be functioning properly then you can come back to this guide to review some of the other possible causes as to why your cell phone is overheating and of course some possible solutions on how to fix it.

Bottom of the phone gets hot
Is the phone getting warm towards the bottom where you plug in the charger? Is your cell phone only getting warm while being plugged into the charger? If so then there might be an issue with the charger itself. Make sure to try a different charger, preferably one approved by the manufacture of your cell phone, to see if your phone continues to heat up. If a new charger fixes the problem then you can dispose of your previous charger and enjoy your working cell phone. If it’s not the charger then you might have to check a few more things.

Getting hot on the back above the battery compartment
If the back of the phone seems to be getting hot and it’s not exactly where the battery sits then there is a good chance that the cell phone itself is overheating. If this is the case then there can be a few reasons which can be read in the tips listed below.

Cell phones heats up by the speaker
If the part of your cell phone that you hold up to your ear is getting hot, then not only is this a major annoyance, irritation, and health concern (you don’t want to burn yourself after all) it can also indicated a high possibility that there is an issue with the cell phone itself. See the cell phone troubleshooting tips listed below for some possible causes and better yet some possible solutions.

Cell phones screen seems to be too hot
Cell phone screens can get warm of course but if the touch screen or display screen is getting too warm or even hot then this is another indicator that there is an issue with the cell phone itself, and you should consider the advice listed below.

http://www.smartmobilephonesolutions.com/content/cell-phone-gets-hot
January 3rd, 2017 at 1:59:32 PM permalink
Nareed
I often drive with the screen on with Waze running, while playing an audiobook or podcast, while the phone is hooked to the power outlet on one end and the audio port on the other. The screen grows warm all over, I assume from being on so long. If I run the AC, it stays quite cool. So all that is ok (and I do switch off the screen if I won't need it for a while).

The thing is sometimes it's just sitting on the desk, screen off, WiFi and GPS off, doing nothing, and it will get very warm on the top of the screen. I surmise some rogue process is using up the CPU. When this happens, I reboot the phone and things usually go back to normal. If they don't. i switch off for 5 minutes then re-start. Other than that, I don't think the phone's been off since I got it, except that night the battery died.