Occulus Rift

Page 3 of 3<123
February 7th, 2023 at 2:14:01 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I don't think VR will ever replace the real experience of travelling. Think about it, you do a tour of New Orleans French Quarter, it will not be the same without the humidity and smell of vomit and urine.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 7th, 2023 at 2:39:33 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
I don't think VR will ever replace the real experience of travelling. Think about it, you do a tour of New Orleans French Quarter, it will not be the same without the humidity and smell of vomit and urine.

It won't replace but VR is still pretty awesome.
Along on a mountain climb is pretty cool as you look around and up/down. Spectacular
I also have the Wander app
That's semi cool as it's simply based on Google Street view.
New Orleans ain't that bad
To be honest, the worst city smells I've experienced has been outside the country.
Disgusting. I Want to gag
Overall the USA smells ok :-)
One exception.
Jersey as you approach NYC from the south
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 28th, 2023 at 2:08:37 AM permalink
RH23
Threads: 0
I don't believe virtual reality will ever be able to replace the real-world experience of travelling. Consider this: if you take a tour of New Orleans' French Quarter without the humidity and odour of vomit and urine, it will not be the same.
March 10th, 2023 at 5:19:49 AM permalink
RH23
Threads: 0
I don't think travelling in person will ever be replaced by virtual reality. Think about it: your visit to the French Quarter in New Orleans would not have been the same if the humidity and the smell of vomit and urine had not been there.
Page 3 of 3<123