Remember When

March 19th, 2015 at 10:18:49 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: buzzardknot
I still would prefer that individuals could get a license to drive a taxicab and be regulated.

But they already can do that? Just use a cab with a medallion. They have regulation up and down, but still can long-haul you if you do not watch!

Quote:

So it looks like she used the rating system and it worked because the guy got fired. The one who gave her number was, I am sorry, just stupid. She should have said, "forget the rating!" Sadly, there is no shortage of guys who will act like this. Reputation and ratings are the best way to stop it that I can think of.

Uber could also price on ratings. Let the people with good ratings get a higher fare, let the customer pay more if they want a higher rated person.
The President is a fink.
April 23rd, 2015 at 10:57:55 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
No story is too sad on this show, because you win!!!

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 24th, 2015 at 5:07:21 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Tennessee "Ernie" Ford??
April 25th, 2015 at 6:46:42 PM permalink
rxwine
Prop comic with just about one prop. Or one gag, or bag.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 8th, 2015 at 5:24:03 AM permalink
rxwine
Grace Lee Whitney has died. Ring any bells for Star Trek fans. She only did the first 8 episodes of the original show.

Guess she died a couple days ago, but didn't see it until today.

May 8th, 2015 at 2:07:20 PM permalink
rxwine
Do you remembering see news about misprinted coins and stamps and wishing you could stumble across one.

May 9th, 2015 at 5:04:38 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Remember when you didn't go to a "home improvement store" but rather went to a "lumberyard?"

No real point, just something crossed my mind today.
The President is a fink.
May 9th, 2015 at 6:57:44 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
Remember when you didn't go to a "home improvement store" but rather went to a "lumberyard?"

Yes.

I think the Super Walmarts would like to compete with the Depot and Lowes, but they would need a space about 3 times as large as their typical outside patio area.

Probably just not practical for creating single unit stores on one patch of land.
May 10th, 2015 at 3:23:50 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Yes.

I think the Super Walmarts would like to compete with the Depot and Lowes, but they would need a space about 3 times as large as their typical outside patio area.

Probably just not practical for creating single unit stores on one patch of land.

WMT would like to compete in retail with anything but I don't see that happening in the same stores, Anybody can stock home improvement products, but to do it right you need some retired tradesmen working there to help semi-skilled guys like me with complex questions.

That being said, I have to go to the lumberyard, er home improvement place, shortly. Building a Father's Day gift on Mother's Day. Norman I ain't.
The President is a fink.
May 10th, 2015 at 4:23:06 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: rxwine
Do you remembering see news about misprinted coins and stamps and wishing you could stumble across one.
Remember when the government intentionally put a sheet of stamps in the wrong way so as to devalue the sheet that already gone into circulation?