Remember When

April 10th, 2016 at 5:31:59 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Yeah, but the people in the state are choosing that by picking their representatives and if their federal dollar use remains low, what does anyone outside of there need to complain about?

I only complain because I know it is a matter of every decade the place is in a crisis and talks start of a federal bailout. Mostly I just shake my head and thank my personal God that I was not born there and do not live there. Archie Bunker's feelings on the place in the 1970s are still true today.
The President is a fink.
April 12th, 2016 at 11:07:35 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Remember when you were younger and you never had to worry about diet, exercise, and blood pressure?

This week my blood pressure has been so high I am nearing the stroke range. Don't get me wrong, my blood pressure is always very high despite being on the strongest doses of medicine prescribed. Typical for me is 170/100 but this week I have regularly been over 210/125. I am sure cutting back on salt and alcohol would help but I am not sure the sacrifice is worth it. Live happy and die early is my new motto.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 12th, 2016 at 12:15:25 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I know I read recently that higher blood pressure may be better for you as you get older, but not as high as yours.

The thing is stroke and heart attack can also just cripple you first. Stroke can screw up your brain and heart attack can kill heart muscle which doesn't regenerate leaving you potentially weak.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 13th, 2016 at 12:20:19 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Avoid iron, consume sea buckthorn juice, drink water at pH below 7.0, focus on 'vulnerable' deposits.
April 13th, 2016 at 7:06:56 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
I know I read recently that higher blood pressure may be better for you as you get older, but not as high as yours.

The thing is stroke and heart attack can also just cripple you first. Stroke can screw up your brain and heart attack can kill heart muscle which doesn't regenerate leaving you potentially weak.

The idea of having a stroke really scares me. A good friend of mine in his 40's just had his third stroke and this one caused some real problems. A have already had a heart attack so that one doesn't scare me quite as much. Fortunatey for me my mother has had super high blood pressure for a long time and she is now 80. Hopefully I was passed the resilient gene.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 13th, 2016 at 9:58:39 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: DRich
Remember when you were younger and you never had to worry about diet, exercise, and blood pressure?

This week my blood pressure has been so high I am nearing the stroke range. Don't get me wrong, my blood pressure is always very high despite being on the strongest doses of medicine prescribed. Typical for me is 170/100 but this week I have regularly been over 210/125. I am sure cutting back on salt and alcohol would help but I am not sure the sacrifice is worth it. Live happy and die early is my new motto.

I'm sorry to hear that. My father took that philosophy about five years before he died and it was a long slow painful road to the end. He didn't just go one day out of the blue but it was a long slow slide downhill. The last few months were especially bad.

I am not an expert but I think exercising two hours a day and moderate changes to your eating habits would go a long way.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
April 17th, 2016 at 9:46:11 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Remember when things worked?
I don't know why my Florida Internet speeds fall to a creep whenever a bunch of yuppies go out to Palm Springs, CA for some outdoor rock, pot and fashion party in the Coechala Valley.
April 17th, 2016 at 11:16:57 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Fleastiff
Remember when things worked?

No.
The President is a fink.
April 17th, 2016 at 11:43:02 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
No.

Me either. In fact, things work better
now than they ever did. Where did
all the TV repairmen go that made
house calls? They say a good flatscreen
should last 30 years now.

In 1975, if you saw a 20 year old car it
was at a classic car event.
Today there are tons of '95 cars still
on the road. Look at motor oil. It's
gotten so good you can go 10K miles
between changes if you have 2013 or
newer car. 5K-7K if you have an older
one.

Microwave ovens were crap in the 80's,
now they last and last. My wife got hers
in 2000 and it still works fine.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 17th, 2016 at 12:09:54 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob

Microwave ovens were crap in the 80's,
now they last and last. My wife got hers
in 2000 and it still works fine.

Microwaves have always been crap and I half-wish they never invented the things. Main reason I have one is I got it for free as swag when we bought a local company and my boss said to get rid of the stuff in the joint. I use it rarely for a quick-heat on just a few things. All they do is ruin food. I think popcorn is about the only thing they do a reasonable job on.

I have used them to heat soup up at work now that I think about it. But I think back to when you just planned ahead to now. Some has been gained, much has been lost.
The President is a fink.