Airport reviews

October 16th, 2014 at 12:58:07 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: terapined
Just got back from a trip and flew through MSP for 1st time.
What a great airport. .

CNN did a story on the MSP.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/21/travel/ipads-at-airports/

Is it just Delta gates, or have they expanded?

Many people feel like it is impersonal to use a touch pad to place their orders, but how many times have you heard someone complain about going into a restaurant and it taking 20 minutes before someone takes your order.

Plus if you in an airport and you are watching over luggage or children you want more space than a traditional restaurant gives you. It makes it easier if the server only has to come with food. Plus you don't feel pressured, and can just surf the internet while you are waiting for your plane.
October 16th, 2014 at 2:20:54 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Left Vegas yesterday. Standard gate area with a just a COUPLE of outlets.

Terminal 1?

At terminal 3 I won't say outlets are plentiful, but I saw one charging station near each end. Each station has several outlets, both for regular power cords and USB, plus a bench and table to sit down to use one's laptop or tablet.

In Mex City, you might see a cylindrical Samsung ad with a few outlets at some gates. Toluca has none.

I carry a battery with me anyway. It can charge the cell phone 100% or about 50% for the tablet (not both).
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
October 21st, 2014 at 10:07:38 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I am on the sabre system.
Just booked a guy to China.
when storing the fare, we get messages such as the below in our system locking in the fare.

SPORTING EQUIPMENT/CANOE/KAYAK NOT PERMITTED

I own a kayak. A malibu pro explorer sit on top.
I can barely get it on top of my SUV alone. I just cant imagine trying to check in a Kayak :-)
I mean cmon. does this message really need to be stated when storing an airline fare.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 21st, 2014 at 10:43:38 AM permalink
Nareed
These stupid kinds of warning labels exist because someone has tried to do such things before.
October 21st, 2014 at 10:57:30 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
I mean cmon. does this message really need to be stated when storing an airline fare.

I imagine some people think that kayaks are very heavy and they can just pay the fee. They forget about linear dimensions.

When I see this comment:
Domestic: 100 cm x 60 cm x 30 cm maximum
International/Regional: 158 cm maximum (length x width x height)

Does that mean that I can ship a cube 50cm X 50cm X 50cm internationally ? If it was heavy enough that could be difficult to carry.
October 21st, 2014 at 1:44:46 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Pacomartin
I imagine some people think that kayaks are very heavy and they can just pay the fee. They forget about linear dimensions.

People flying for the first time often are clueless as to what is and isn't allowed on a plane. I've heard of people trying to fire up a brazier or otherwise build a fire to cook a meal. More common, I've known people who try to pack their own meal for the flight. I don't think that's allowed any more (I once took restaurant leftovers on a flight).
October 21st, 2014 at 3:23:51 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
In Portland... there's something to be highly recommended about a city that has mass transit for $2.50 from the airport into downtown. The airport seems to have two halves... a modern side and older 60's thrown together side. Will see which I end up flying back out of... I've spent time waiting for a flight to Vegas here once, and had great free wi-fi (back 8 years ago, when it was not so common) and won a few dollars playing online poker. Only profit I made that trip...
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
October 21st, 2014 at 3:30:01 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Nareed
People flying for the first time often are clueless as to what is and isn't allowed on a plane. I've heard of people trying to fire up a brazier or otherwise build a fire to cook a meal. More common, I've known people who try to pack their own meal for the flight. I don't think that's allowed any more (I once took restaurant leftovers on a flight).

Most U.S. airlines allow you to bring food on the plane. The questionable part is if you can get it through security.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 21st, 2014 at 3:46:30 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: TheCesspit
In Portland... there's something to be highly recommended about a city that has mass transit for $2.50 from the airport into downtown. ...

Vegas has Portland beat by 50 cents.
When I arrive in Vegas , I head downstairs to catch the Westcliffe Express bus to Downtown. 2 bucks. Don't even need a ticket, just 2 dollars which the machine on the bus accepts.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 21st, 2014 at 3:48:09 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: DRich
Most U.S. airlines allow you to bring food on the plane. The questionable part is if you can get it through security.

I generally get takeout from a restaurant after getting through security to take on a flight.