Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

October 3rd, 2021 at 12:49:54 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
They think that weather was not "severe" before now. Any storm is the end of the world.

I'm sure they will label the cold at the South Pole is another 'extreme weather event' that proves global warming is real. When you have a cult religion that's based on nothing you can make everything that happens look like it's part of your religion because nobody can prove it's not.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 4th, 2021 at 2:54:37 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Evenbob
I'm sure they will label the cold at the South Pole is another 'extreme weather event' that proves global warming is real. ...
there is absolutely no doubt about this, even though absolutely zero climate models predicted such a thing
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 4th, 2021 at 8:21:22 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit
there is absolutely no doubt about this, even though absolutely zero climate models predicted such a thing

So, are you going to predict the global average temperature of this chart is going to trend differently. This chart is through 2020, which is tied for hottest year on record. Or stay silent about it. I predict it is going to continue as a trend.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 4th, 2021 at 8:34:23 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
So, are you going to predict the global average temperature of this chart is going to trend differently. This chart is through 2020, which is tied for hottest year on record. Or stay silent about it. I predict it is going to continue as a trend.

So, we came out of a historically cool period and temps rose? Amazing stuff! The sun does weird things she does!
The President is a fink.
October 6th, 2021 at 5:34:17 AM permalink
odiousgambit
NASA has not earned my trust, they are into advocacy science. They put that graph out, god knows what we are actually looking at.

I'll pick my own advocacy group, here is a graph put out by National Review [wapo reproduced]

October 6th, 2021 at 5:35:37 AM permalink
odiousgambit
what's the lesson? we non-scientists are getting our facts through a filter, relying on journalists. Talk about advocates!
October 6th, 2021 at 5:57:00 AM permalink
rxwine
NASA has not earned my trust, they are into advocacy science. They put that graph out, god knows what we are actually looking at.

But you're obviously willing to believe something from somewhere. Or did you actually visit the S. Pole to confirm the temp reported?

Although the chart is off the NASA site, the data is from 4 organizations.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 6th, 2021 at 8:19:27 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

I'll pick my own advocacy group, here is a graph put out by National Review [wapo reproduced]

Frightening temperature change, we're all doomed. LOL
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 6th, 2021 at 9:57:11 AM permalink
odiousgambit
But you're obviously willing to believe something from somewhere. Or did you actually visit the S. Pole to confirm the temp reported?

Although the chart is off the NASA site, the data is from 4 organizations.
It shows the same data, presumably. The NASA chart emphasizes the change by showing a narrow range, the other, a wide range and this makes a different emphasis.

But possibly not the same data. I wouldn't put it past NASA to cherry pick the data, maybe even data not adjusted for the heat island effect or whatever. They should have earned no one's respect, just another outfit that has made predictions that have not come to pass. You know all these predictions have batted 000 , or have you kept up with that?
October 6th, 2021 at 11:50:15 AM permalink
rxwine
You know all these predictions have batted 000 , or have you kept up with that?

I actually don't have as much problem with timeline being possibly decades wrong in predictions than most.

Much like all that ammonium nitrate stored in Beirut that blew the hell up, it's easier to see an eventual problem happening (if you knew about it) than predict at what time it will come to pass when you have so many variables possible. I don't see any climate trends as yet to give me a brighter outlook.