Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

October 7th, 2021 at 4:42:52 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
The climate is supposed to change. It probably is getting warmer overall, and the West Coast is probably going to get the worst of it. All the Alarmism has accomplished so far is Green-Washing by corporations and, well, the same by government. This big push for EVs, for instance, is going to accomplish little except a lot of pollution by rare-earth mining. And maybe some cleaner air in the US. Carbon release? very little effect and that's if you make certain assumptions.

Meanwhile NASA can go back to killing innocent teachers and leave the Alarmism to others.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 7th, 2021 at 6:13:17 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: odiousgambit
The climate is supposed to change..

I can give plenty of examples where humanity didn't do enough for natural events to prevent disaster even assuming it's not manmade.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 7th, 2021 at 7:04:48 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
I can give plenty of examples where humanity didn't do enough for natural events to prevent disaster even assuming it's not manmade.

Climate is never manmade.

What are we supposed to to? Put up huge umbrellas at the next hurricane? Mother nature is going to do what she wants to do.
The President is a fink.
October 7th, 2021 at 7:18:40 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
Climate is never manmade.

Thanks. I'll await your research data. Funny thing about climate skeptics. They also pretend they know things for certain about climate, but won't make solid predictions about any of it.

Quote:
What are we supposed to to? Put up huge umbrellas at the next hurricane? Mother nature is going to do what she wants to do.

It's called mitigation. I mean, it's ridiculous that you could build a wall against the entire ocean tides. Dutch did it a long time ago.

Quote:
THE DUTCH ARE BUILDING A BARRICADE AGAINST CLIMATE CHANGE (PHOTOS)

https://nexusmedianews.com/the-dutch-plan-to-beat-climate-change-photos-6f96c1e288e9/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 7th, 2021 at 7:40:04 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
So much for hydro electric power reliability.

US hydropower production is down 14% this year due to draughts.
October 7th, 2021 at 8:28:50 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Tanko
So much for hydro electric power reliability.

US hydropower production is down 14% this year due to draughts.

Our defense strategy relies heavily on multi-tiered diversity in systems despite it's centralized appearance. So should the energy market. Just another reason not to put everything into fossil fuel or nuclear.
October 7th, 2021 at 8:34:33 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Thanks. I'll await your research data. Funny thing about climate skeptics. They also pretend they know things for certain about climate, but won't make solid predictions about any of it.

My research, hmm. Well, climate existed and happened 4.4 billion years before man walked on the earth and it still does. Research complete!

Quote:
It's called mitigation. I mean, it's ridiculous that you could build a wall against the entire ocean tides. Dutch did it a long time ago.

That does not "prevent" anything, just protects.
The President is a fink.
October 7th, 2021 at 8:39:57 AM permalink
rxwine

That does not "prevent" anything, just protects.

And I'm pretty sure your example mentioned umbrellas, not rain prevention. Umbrella is mitigation.
October 7th, 2021 at 8:46:55 AM permalink
AZDuffman
And I'm pretty sure your example mentioned umbrellas, not rain prevention. Umbrella is mitigation.

The point is the climate is going to do what it is going to do. It is the height of atheist arrogance to think we can just change it by our will. It is bigger than mankind.
The President is a fink.
October 7th, 2021 at 9:11:42 AM permalink
rxwine
The point is the climate is going to do what it is going to do. It is the height of atheist arrogance to think we can just change it by our will. It is bigger than mankind.

That atheist accusation doesn't carry either.

Quote:
Pope Francis declared that the science of climate change is clear and that the Catholic Church views climate change as a moral issue that must be addressed in order to protect the Earth and everyone on it.

Quote:
Pope Benedict XVI has carried the Catholic Church’s message forward in numerous speeches and writings. This past January, he advocated for progress at this June’s climate talks at the UN Conference on Sustainable Development in Rio de Janeiro (Rio+20).

Quote:
“Industrial waste, the burning of fossil fuels, unrestricted deforestation, the use of certain types of herbicides, coolants and propellants: all of these are known to harm the atmosphere and environment,” Pope Paul said in 1990