Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

November 2nd, 2021 at 1:15:00 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
At least 120 could be world leaders unless you think they should fly commercial.

Not sure if Biden's plane has fighter jets accompany it overseas but it may. They don't normally accompany it in the US though.

Yes, most should fly commercial. If they are serious about climate change that is.

As it is just more one set of rules for you another for them.
The President is a fink.
November 2nd, 2021 at 5:09:58 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Yes, most should fly commercial. If they are serious about climate change that is.

If they were really serious they would not waste any resources and have the meeting over Zoom or some other platform. What's the difference, they are just there to waste our money and get richer for themselves. The climate change scam is just one of many throughout history. This just happens to be the biggest one. Every politician involved will get rich from it and that's the point. That's why they had to get rid of Trump, he didn't play these games. He was already rich. They know green energy is a joke and will never work, but if they can fool us long enough they can get enormously rich off of it by taxing the crap out of the world.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 3rd, 2021 at 7:09:01 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
At least 120 could be world leaders unless you think they should fly commercial.

Not sure if Biden's plane has fighter jets accompany it overseas but it may. They don't normally accompany it in the US though.

Bingo! You used the phrase ‘world leaders’. What a statement it would make to show they actually think global warming/carbon footprint stuff is really important it would have been if they showed that THEY would personally take an inconvenience, rather than just ask everyone else to.

Frankly, this meeting should have been via ‘zoom’. If they really wanted to show how to decreased fossil fuel use. But of course they didn’t.

They just caught the new mayor elect of NYC parking illegally near his home in Brooklyn, then also driving on the sidewalk to avoid a traffic stopped street. ‘The rules are not meant for me’ attitude permeates the rich and powerful.

Edit…. I hadn’t read EB or AZ’s posts above mine before penning mine. But it was so obvious how could ANYONE not notice the abject hypocrisy?
November 3rd, 2021 at 7:30:06 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: SOOPOO
Bingo! You used the phrase ‘world leaders’. What a statement it would make to show they actually think global warming/carbon footprint stuff is really important it would have been if they showed that THEY would personally take an inconvenience, rather than just ask everyone else to.

Frankly, this meeting should have been via ‘zoom’. If they really wanted to show how to decreased fossil fuel use. But of course they didn’t.

They just caught the new mayor elect of NYC parking illegally near his home in Brooklyn, then also driving on the sidewalk to avoid a traffic stopped street. ‘The rules are not meant for me’ attitude permeates the rich and powerful.

Edit…. I hadn’t read EB or AZ’s posts above mine before penning mine. But it was so obvious how could ANYONE not notice the abject hypocrisy?

It would be ridiculous for world leaders to go to 1 conference just to show support for climate change. I would make fun of that.

And again, you expect world leaders to fly commercial all the time? That's also not reasonable.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 3rd, 2021 at 7:32:27 AM permalink
rxwine
More people should use zoom. You can use zoom to go on your next vacation.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 3rd, 2021 at 7:51:19 AM permalink
SOOPOO
It would be ridiculous for world leaders to go to 1 conference just to show support for climate change. I would make fun of that.

And again, you expect world leaders to fly commercial all the time? That's also not reasonable.

That’s my point. The leaders have made a decision that global warming is not important enough to change how THEY function. Can you give me ONE example of what President Biden is doing in Scotland that he could not do via ‘zoom’?

This is what a real leader/thinker/visionary would have done….

“After much thought, I have decided to give my speech to the World Climate Change conference via zoom. The carbon footprint that my entourage and I leave is enormous every time I fly. So despite the fact that I would enjoy meeting with the other leaders in person, I will be discussing these issues on secure, private channels instead’.

The bottom line is that while most of us care about climate change, there are a lot of us who just do not believe that the EV (expected value, not electric vehicle!) of what governments will propose will be positive.
November 3rd, 2021 at 7:53:50 AM permalink
SOOPOO

I think EB already does this? I am not willing to change my travel plans due to my contribution to climate change. Not denying it exists.
November 3rd, 2021 at 8:02:27 AM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Until leaders move nuclear power forward as the primary current option to reduced carbon emissions, they aren't serious.
Spend resources in figuring out how to deal with spent fuel disposal & keep working on renewables for the long term.
Inside Bill Gates Brain, episode 3 on Netflix is worth a watch on what is possible for new nuclear tech.
Until they move this direction, it's all posturing.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
November 3rd, 2021 at 8:41:01 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: SOOPOO
That’s my point. The leaders have made a decision that global warming is not important enough to change how THEY function. Can you give me ONE example of what President Biden is doing in Scotland that he could not do via ‘zoom’?

This is what a real leader/thinker/visionary would have done….

“After much thought, I have decided to give my speech to the World Climate Change conference via zoom. The carbon footprint that my entourage and I leave is enormous every time I fly. So despite the fact that I would enjoy meeting with the other leaders in person, I will be discussing these issues on secure, private channels instead’.

The bottom line is that while most of us care about climate change, there are a lot of us who just do not believe that the EV (expected value, not electric vehicle!) of what governments will propose will be positive.

If Ralph Nader couldn't move enough people with his personal examples as a consumer advocate, there's very little evidence this moves the unconvinced. No matter how holy the Pope is, it doesn't change my mind. Nor yours I bet.

Best thing anyone can do, (including Ralph Nader and Biden) is get legislation passed that has teeth and enforces standards on everyone. That's how you get a real effect.
November 3rd, 2021 at 11:28:05 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96

Not zoom: YouTube.

I "vacation" near daily via YouTube, viewing videos shot from across the world.

Why spend the money and time to travel around the world when it can, quite literally, be found "at your finger tips?"