Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

June 2nd, 2017 at 5:29:50 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: ams288
I didn't discuss the merits of what he did in my post at all.... Just that it was a hugely unpopular thing to do. Amongst his tiny base, it will be popular (as seen in this thread).

But this is a guy who didn't even win the popular vote, governing solely to his base is not wise.
Sometimes doing the right thing is not the popular thing. That's what leadership is about.
June 2nd, 2017 at 7:51:55 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: pew
Sometimes doing the right thing is not the popular thing. That's what leadership is about.

Our society used to celebrate those that stood up and said "the emperor has no clothes". Now we celebrate sheep.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 2nd, 2017 at 9:08:06 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
From Rasmussen, who the conservatives here have blessed as the 100% accurate source of truth that can be trusted, reports:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/may_2017/60_think_senate_should_vote_on_paris_climate_accord

Quote:
Most voters disagree with President Trump’s decision to quit the Paris anti-global warming agreement and think its fate should be decided by the U.S. Senate instead.

Quote:
just 30% of Likely U.S. Voters agree with the president’s decision

Quote:
Sixty percent (60%) think Trump should submit the treaty to the Senate for an up-or-down vote.

That's about all I can see from the article. I'm not a subscriber.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
June 2nd, 2017 at 9:27:19 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/jun/01/fact-checking-donald-trumps-statement-withdrawing-/

People might as well have access to some fact checking in this discussion.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
June 2nd, 2017 at 11:09:04 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Anybody see how the EU is screaming bloody
murder that we won't be spending $3
trillion over the next 20 years by pulling
out of the Paris Ripoff? Their free ride
has been snatched away. One German
paper has the headline 'F*** You Trump!'
LOL
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 2nd, 2017 at 11:17:03 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: Dalex64
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/jun/01/fact-checking-donald-trumps-statement-withdrawing-/

People might as well have access to some fact checking in this discussion.

Do facts matter anymore? I watched an episode of The West Wing the other day. Deputy Communications Director Sam was working intensely on a State of the Union speech. He was reviewing a draft when he shouted to his staff, "Check your stats people; if I can't verify it from three different sources I won't use it." I know it's fiction, but it made me sigh.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
June 2nd, 2017 at 11:20:51 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Anybody see how the EU is screaming bloody
murder that we won't be spending $3
trillion over the next 20 years by pulling
out of the Paris Ripoff? Their free ride
has been snatched away. One German
paper has the headline 'F*** You Trump!'
LOL

The entire left's reaction is the craziest since the muslim riots over the mohamad cartoons. Some loons are suggesting Florida will be underwater in 10-20 years, as if that could even be stopped if it was going to happen in such a short period of time.

I might end up eating so much popcorn I will be sick!
The President is a fink.
June 2nd, 2017 at 11:23:52 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
The Earth's Impending Ice Age!

Might be worth freezing for a few decades to see the liberals look like fools!
The President is a fink.
June 2nd, 2017 at 11:31:48 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
The entire left's reaction is the craziest since the muslim riots over the mohamad cartoons.

The Germans bamboozled Barry into giving
our money away and felt safe because the
wine soaked bridge troll was sure to win in
2016. Surprise!
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 2nd, 2017 at 11:47:46 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: JimRockford
Do facts matter anymore? .

Real facts and education are elitist and to be despised. Why bother with facts when you can declare anything you dislike fake news?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?