Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

June 4th, 2017 at 8:41:17 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: FrGamble
Yeah, reading the comments is quite telling.

I have yet to figure out the dire downside. We can create green jobs and have been doing it. We are going to move in that direction anyway.

Even if GW is completely wrong we are still going in that direction.

And I would rather be wrong on this side than the other given every scenario I can think of.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 4th, 2017 at 9:17:09 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
While looking around on sites I sometimes read, I came across Michelle Malkin's personal experience with medical marijuana

I find her last sentences rather ironic and somewhat contradictory as relates her climate change views.

A lot of upset anti-weed people in the comments.

http://michellemalkin.com/2017/05/31/a-conservative-mom-breaks-the-pot-taboo/
The anti weeders are so frigging brainwashed, there is no getting through to them.

Here's another life saved in Tucson; http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/cannabis-cbd-febrile-infection-related-epilepsy-syndrome-annalise-lujan-cannabidiol-a7770621.html
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 4th, 2017 at 9:19:50 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
And if you start reading the comments below it you start finding people pointing out the flaws.

No, what you get in the comments is
mass confusion, nobody knows what
the truth is. My personal opinion is
another ice age is coming, just like
always, and that means far worse
things than we can imagine.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 5th, 2017 at 2:48:39 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I have yet to figure out the dire downside. We can create green jobs and have been doing it. We are going to move in that direction anyway.

The whole "green jobs" thing is kind of a fantasy. Remember Obama promised millions of them? I remember some certifications on them popping up. A few suckers signed up and got "certified" in things like insulation, caulking, and solar installation. Thing was all this was just general contractor work and the certification was useless. There was already unemployment among general contractors and the people that did get hired had experience in the trades.

Jobs get created because a natural demand for the product or service provided. Not because you tax to death the competitors.
The President is a fink.
June 5th, 2017 at 5:10:28 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Or because those are extremely red districts. Hmmmmm.... which could it be?

You're so clueless.

And Hillary did win the popular vote, which those polls were measuring. So they were right, weren't they?

Stop this silliness of the polls being correct because HRC won the popular vote and that is what the polls were measuring! The polls said HRC would win Wisconsin. WRONG. The polls said HRC would win Pennsylvania. WRONG. The polls said HRC would win Michigan. WRONG. Etc....

Two Saturdays ago I played basketball. We played a 15 point game. Shots from behind the arc for us count 2 and close in shots count 1. I am a long distance shooter, having won many contests. During the game I hit six 2 pointers, and teammates 3 one pointers. We made nine baskets in all. The other team made ten baskets. We won 15-10. I do not expect someone to be whining about the result 7 months after the game. No one is questioning the validity of our victory. Both sides came into the game knowing the rules, and each prepared a strategy to win. One team won, the other lost. The team that lost scored more baskets.

AMS, do you see an analogy to any particular election?
June 5th, 2017 at 5:58:10 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
Stop this silliness of the polls being correct because HRC won the popular vote and that is what the polls were measuring! The polls said HRC would win Wisconsin. WRONG. The polls said HRC would win Pennsylvania. WRONG. The polls said HRC would win Michigan. WRONG. Etc....

Those were all extremely close states. So let's say those polls were off by about 3%, swinging them from Hillary to Donald.

Given that scenario, Donald's favorability polls could be off by about 3%. Meaning his approval rating may not be 36%, it could be as high as 39%!! YAY!!!

It's fascinating to me to see righties keep trying to polish this turd. DONALD IS NOT POPULAR. He is the most unpopular President ever at this point in his young term. You can pretend the polls are wrong, but they're not so wrong that they could change a 36% approval to a 50+% one. Gimme a break.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 5th, 2017 at 7:36:21 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Those were all extremely close states. So let's say those polls were off by about 3%, swinging them from Hillary to Donald.

Given that scenario, Donald's favorability polls could be off by about 3%. Meaning his approval rating may not be 36%, it could be as high as 39%!! YAY!!!

It's fascinating to me to see righties keep trying to polish this turd. DONALD IS NOT POPULAR. He is the most unpopular President ever at this point in his young term. You can pretend the polls are wrong, but they're not so wrong that they could change a 36% approval to a 50+% one. Gimme a break.

He is about as popular as he was when he was elected.

Lefties think biased news coverage is real. They think the Trump voter wants refugees from hostile countries and thus are upset at the travel ban. They think they believe the Russia silliness that the left has made up is real. They think that the Trump voter wants more illegal aliens so is upset. They think the Trump voter feels the way they do.

Really, to be at the claimed approval numbers then Trump would have had to lost 1/3 of his voters in less than 180 days.

It was the same thing all 2016. People hate him, people think he is a clown, he can never win. He just ignored it all and had the biggest upset win since 1948. He did it fighting the Democtat Party, the media, and the Republican Party.

He will keep soldiering on as he did then, and keep up making progress in the background. All the while, low-information liberals will keep believing the news.
The President is a fink.
June 5th, 2017 at 8:32:35 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

Geez ams.... where have you ever seen me write that DJT is popular amongst the populace? He is not a popular president. But my recollection of the polls in the states I mentioned having HRC winning comfortably the day before election day. I still think DJT is more 'popular' than Congress as a whole, but you don't hear anyone not wanting to consider Congress as the rightfully elected leaders of our nation. If DJT is as unpopular as you say, the people will have a chance to express that opinion in a meaningful way 3.5 years from today. And they can get the ball rolling 1.5 years from today for the midterm elections.

I think I will vote for Haley over Cuomo in 2020.
June 5th, 2017 at 11:35:40 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
He will keep soldiering on as he did then, and keep up making progress in the background. All the while, low-information liberals will keep believing the news.

AMS is like one of the old style horses
that they put blinders on, that forced
the horse see only what was right in
front of him. To AMS it's still July 1916
and Trump is a boob and cannot win.
His retort will be some bogus poll that
has Trumps Johnson about to fall off
any day, he's that far out there in
political la-la land..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 5th, 2017 at 11:56:36 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
Geez ams.... where have you ever seen me write that DJT is popular amongst the populace? He is not a popular president. But my recollection of the polls in the states I mentioned having HRC winning comfortably the day before election day. I still think DJT is more 'popular' than Congress as a whole, but you don't hear anyone not wanting to consider Congress as the rightfully elected leaders of our nation. If DJT is as unpopular as you say, the people will have a chance to express that opinion in a meaningful way 3.5 years from today. And they can get the ball rolling 1.5 years from today for the midterm elections.

I agree with pretty much everything you said here.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman