Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

January 7th, 2018 at 2:16:37 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Chinese glaciers that supply water to the Silk Road have retreated 23 percent endangering the Turpan well system in a protected area of China.
January 7th, 2018 at 2:16:37 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Chinese glaciers that supply water to the Silk Road have retreated 23 percent endangering the Turpan well system in a protected area of China.
January 7th, 2018 at 2:16:38 AM permalink
Fleastiff
The caravans of old could have thousands of animals and the wells were sufficient but now our activities have imperiled them.

January 7th, 2018 at 4:09:26 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff

Glaciers have been retreating for 10,000 years or more.
The President is a fink.
January 7th, 2018 at 5:06:47 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Fleastiff
The caravans of old could have thousands of animals and the wells were sufficient but now our activities have imperiled them.

No doubt
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 2nd, 2018 at 10:48:04 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The climate alarmists have finally got their day in court against those pesky free-thinking intelligent people they call “climate deniers.”

Big mistake. The overconfident alarmists appear to have bitten off more than they can chew. They imagined that they’d fool the world into thinking that this was a case about ordinary, wronged citizens – specifically the cities of San Francisco and neighboring Oakland – taking on the evil, sea-level-raising, planet-destroying might of Big Oil.

In reality, as is becoming clearer by the day, it’s the “science” of climate change which is really on trial here. And given that the “science” of climate change is so shaky that it might as well be called “witchcraft” this is not a discussion that’s likely to end well for the shysters who are promoting it.

The truth was bound to come
out in the end. They couldn't
keep this up forever.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 31st, 2018 at 3:27:32 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
'Nat Geo' Photographer Admits Viral Photo Of Polar Bear 'Dying From Climate Change' Is False

https://www.dailywire.com/news/33782/fake-news-nat-geo-admits-viral-photo-polar-bear-amanda-prestigiacomo

LOLOLOL!!!
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 1st, 2018 at 5:09:36 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
National Geographic has been a leftist political joke for years. No credibility left.
August 1st, 2018 at 5:45:41 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: pew
National Geographic has been a leftist political joke for years. No credibility left.

I have to admit I love Nat Geo
The Drain the Oceans episodes have been great.
Love them all.
Last night was the naval battle of Jutland
Fascinating stuff
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 14th, 2018 at 4:01:04 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Okay folks, for a long time we've been hearing about Florence. Bare shelves, no gasoline, long lines of stalled traffic as everyone flees to somewhere although the storm may hit there too. Now they are declaring this entire recent spate of tropical depressions as proof of significant climate change. I wonder how the news reports will go about just where the storm hit and how bad it really was for homeowners to flee rather than stay and protect any storm damages houses from further flooding and wildlife invasions as clogged roads and anti-looting patrols keep householders from attending to their tasks.

I wonder if the newscasters really think it is proper to declare a two week period as "proof" of climate change which obviously relates to much larger time scale. Just how many such two week periods exist as proof of anything? I went two weeks without a drink recently. Is that proof that I am not a drunkard? Its been a long time since I've had a craps game but that is more proof of living in Florida where craps is illegal than of not being a gambler.

I still think it is more noble to kill quacks than to kill weather forecasters or newscasters but why are these stupid newscasters trying to get to the top of the list. Can't they just say 'we don't know where the storm is going to hit or just how bad it will be but its better to just stay in place and trust to your luck'.