Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

Page 43 of 43« First<40414243
September 14th, 2018 at 7:40:09 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 110
Quote: Fleastiff

I wonder if the newscasters really think it is proper to declare a two week period as "proof" of climate change which obviously relates to much larger time scale. Just how many such two week periods exist as proof of anything? I went two weeks without a drink recently. Is that proof that I am not a drunkard? Its been a long time since I've had a craps game but that is more proof of living in Florida where craps is illegal than of not being a gambler.

It is all because Trump is in office. Remember Katrina when some German gov official blamed Bush for Katrina? They know their global warming story keeps getting questioned more and more. Bush pulled out of Kyoto almost 20 years ago, nothing bad happened. Gore said the effects of GW would be impossible to reverse in 10 years 13 years ago. Nothing has happened.

But the story has to keep getting pushed, they are too invested.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
September 14th, 2018 at 8:05:04 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 54
Politicians by nature are rarely 'invested'.... they will go whichever way the wind blows.
September 14th, 2018 at 8:07:06 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 110
Quote: Fleastiff
Politicians by nature are rarely 'invested'.... they will go whichever way the wind blows.

True, but the GW crowd is more than pols, it is an entire industrial complex. Lots of dupes out there helping Algore live in his 17 room mansion while they beg to freeze in the dark. GW is their god.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
Page 43 of 43« First<40414243