Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

September 26th, 2018 at 11:25:30 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: JimRockford
Quote: kenarman
Quote: JimRockford
Since you expressed it correctly here, I assume you realize your original statement was off by several orders of magnitude, but I knew what you meant.

Decimal place accuracy aside, I have to disagree with your main point that it's the climate science adherents that aren't taking a long enough view.
When we emerged from the ice age about 11,000 years ago global temperatures rose about 5 deg F over a 7000 year period. Global temperature is now up 1.4 deg F in less than 200 years. The rapid temperature increase coincides with a steep increase in CO2 concentration that is now much higher than it's been in the last 800,000 years. (It probably hasn't been this high in at least 5,000,000 years) Our species has never experienced anything like this.

Looks like a nice regular cycle for the last 400K years and that we are not quite at the next peak yet according to your graph. How is this proving your point?

1. Temperature change correlates to CO2 concentration change over a really long timeframe.
2. CO2 concentration has increased very rapidly to a crazy high level viewed in a really long timeframe.
3. Climate scientists consider changes that have occurred over a really long timeframe.

This graph doesn't have enough granularity to show the warm up of the last 150 years.

The temperature graph is still below the last 4 peaks and temperature has not shot up the way the CO2 graph purports to show it. We have no reason to believe it will based on the current evidence. We can't even be sure that CO2 is not following the temperature increase not vice versa.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 19th, 2018 at 8:02:30 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Due to 'weather' insects are disappearing at a great rate. And whatever is feeding on them is also disappearing,

Quote:
The food web appears to have been obliterated from the bottom. It’s credible that the authors link the cascade to arthropod loss, Schowalter said, because “you have all these different taxa showing the same trends — the insectivorous birds, frogs and lizards — but you don’t see those among seed-feeding birds.”

Quote:
Lister and Garcia attribute this crash to climate. In the same 40-year period as the arthropod crash, the average high temperature in the rain forest increased by 4 degrees Fahrenheit

Quote:
bugs cannot regulate their internal heat.[/q[

https://www.washingtonpost.com/science/2018/10/15/hyperalarming-study-shows-massive-insect-loss/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.670efc301320
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 11th, 2019 at 3:07:50 AM permalink
YeahBaby
Threads: 5
BA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

May 21st, 2019 at 7:56:35 AM permalink
kenarman
Remember when California had a water shortage? It was never going to change and was proof of climate change. Now all but one of the major California reservoirs are over 100% of normal, as they were last year, the one reservoir that is below 100% is at 88%. Now we hear nothing but crickets. I expect there will be an immediate flood of post about the drought in other areas. My point is the selective coverage of news that supports climate change advocates position and the non reporting of anything that doesn't. You would think that record levels in the California reservoirs would be news worthy but it doesn't support the climate change algorithms so we hear nothing from the cartel.
May 21st, 2019 at 8:11:40 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Remember when California had a water shortage? It was never going to change and was proof of climate change.

I never heard that
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 21st, 2019 at 8:34:55 AM permalink
kenarman
Quote: terapined
I never heard that

Thank you for making my point. Here is a link to one of several government sites that shows the levels.

Reservoirs
May 21st, 2019 at 8:41:35 AM permalink
rxwine
Remember when California had a water shortage? It was never going to change and was proof of climate change.

It's the overall trend which matters. For instance record snowfalls didn't mean we haven't had our warmest years overall. And just like you're doing, people have pointed to record events to somehow insist the overall trend has changed. It hasn't.

Human induced warming is superimposed on normal varying climate conditions, so it virtually will never have smooth progress in one direction. But the overall trend will still be there as long as it's going on.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 21st, 2019 at 8:49:23 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Remember when California had a water shortage? It was never going to change and was proof of climate change. Now all but one of the major California reservoirs are over 100% of normal, as they were last year, the one reservoir that is below 100% is at 88%. Now we hear nothing but crickets. I expect there will be an immediate flood of post about the drought in other areas. My point is the selective coverage of news that supports climate change advocates position and the non reporting of anything that doesn't. You would think that record levels in the California reservoirs would be news worthy but it doesn't support the climate change algorithms so we hear nothing from the cartel.

You would think that any intelligent person would stop listening by now. Supposed to be no snow by now. Ice caps supposed to have melted. Yadda, yadda, yadda. The alarmists have been wrong every time. Models have been wrong over and over. They have been caught fudging data more than a few times.

By this point, any intelligent person should be saying, "wait a minute......." Instead we hear "SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO THE SCIENTISTS!"

I wonder what is the connection between atheism and belief in global warming. Because it really seems to take the place of religion in people's lives. The higher power they follow. Filling some kind of anthropological need for believing in a higher power.
The President is a fink.
May 21st, 2019 at 8:54:42 AM permalink
kenarman
Quote: rxwine
It's the overall trend which matters. For instance record snowfalls didn't mean we haven't had our warmest years overall. And just like you're doing, people have pointed to record events to somehow insist the overall trend has changed. It hasn't.

Human induced warming is superimposed on normal varying climate conditions, so it virtually will never have smooth progress in one direction. But the overall trend will still be there as long as it's going on.

You didn't actually address the point of my post. Anything that doesn't support the ever increasing speed of climate change is not reported. Anything that does is headline news. How many on the forum have heard that the biggest glacier in Greenland has been ADDING ICE for several years. You would think that would make the news. The "experts" have now justified it by pointing out that the north Atlantic has just entered into a cooling trend that is on a 20 year cycle. For the last 20 years was it ever mentioned that we were in the warm part of the 20 year cycle that would be accelerating ice loss?
May 21st, 2019 at 8:55:48 AM permalink
rxwine
Climate change and atheism? Yeah, EB proves that wrong. LOL.