Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

November 21st, 2019 at 4:47:53 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: Evenbob
The U.K. Guardian has reported: “Guardian picture editor Fiona Shields explains why we are going to be using fewer polar bears to illustrate our coverage of the climate emergency.”

That’s because there are too many. An estimated
40,000 polar bears live in the arctic, up from just
5,000 50 years ago. They are thriving and not
going extinct, as we've been lied to about for
the past 20 years.

"How Dare You?"

November 21st, 2019 at 12:16:32 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Tanko
There have been five mass extinctions in earth's history. The current ongoing 'Holocene Extinction' started 12,000 years ago.

"climate change may have been a driving factor in the megafaunal extinctions, especially at the end of the Pleistocene."

What? That era ended 12,000 years ago. I
thought only man caused climate change,
how could it happen on it's own.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 21st, 2019 at 3:14:28 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
No, I see where you are confused. "Only man causes climate change" is your strawman argument, not the scientific argument.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 21st, 2019 at 3:39:35 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Dalex64
No, I see where you are confused..

Not confused. Climate change was happening
12K years ago and 20K and 1000K and it's
still happening today. We have nothing to
do with it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 21st, 2019 at 4:01:50 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Your invalid argument now is: we had nothing to do with it then, therefore we have nothing to do with it now.

Example: forest fires happened [insert eras before man] and they still happen today. Therefore man has nothing to do with it.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 21st, 2019 at 10:08:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I couldn't read but one of the name tags on the empty chairs. Michael E. Mann.

He's got 3 lawsuits going against climate skeptics groups one of which he won and has already issued an apology.

Quote:
In 2011, renowned scientist Michael E. Mann sued a Canadian think tank that published an interview suggesting his work on climate change was fraud.
Eight years later, the Winnipeg-based Frontier Center for Public Policy — which often promotes climate change denial — apologized Friday and wiped the inflammatory interview from its website.

These 3 guys are free to publish research to counteract the so-called fake climate claims if they actually have it. THAT'S where the proof goes, if they got the goods on climate science. The first guy I check has connections to Exxon money. Didn't even bother with the next two.

One guy says we can build barriers like Holland. Wow. How many low lying islands have the money and resources to construct the necessary seawalls. Thousands of tons of material for construction might have to be shipped in. Besides the fact walls still displace water, and it has to go somewhere. It goes up or into other land areas. And walls still affect habitats. And walls are battered by the sea, and need maintenance costs.

And what's this, Duffman listening to scientists he agrees with? I thought he doesn't listen to any of them. I guess he does listen to scientists as long as they agree with him.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 21st, 2019 at 10:24:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Actually I think the best answer to all pseudo science or even non-science objections, is go ahead and show us all your research. There's an avenue for you to prove flat earth or creationism, or anti-evolution. Show us your research. Show us your peer reviewed papers.

There's an avalanche of science saying otherwise to many crackpot or poorly supported ideas.

When the evidence starts to change, the research will start to show something different.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 22nd, 2019 at 12:28:47 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Dalex64
Your invalid argument now is: we had nothing to do with it then, therefore we have nothing to do with it now.

The force of climate change is so
huge, whatever we're doing is
like a flea on an elephant. It's
nothing. The force of climate
change has the power all on it's
own to change half the planet
into the arctic.

Did you know we're still in an ice
age that started 2 million years
ago? During that time the
climate has flipped 17 times from
where we are now, moderate,
to frozen. We will go into another
one probably in another 1000
to 1500 years. And they last a
very long time.
November 22nd, 2019 at 2:48:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine

These 3 guys are free to publish research to counteract the so-called fake climate claims if they actually have it. THAT'S where the proof goes, if they got the goods on climate science. The first guy I check has connections to Exxon money. Didn't even bother with the next two.

So, ExxonMobil money disqualifies but money from pro-gw believers is somehow "good?"

Quote:
And what's this, Duffman listening to scientists he agrees with? I thought he doesn't listen to any of them. I guess he does listen to scientists as long as they agree with him.

No, AZD does not listen to scientists as long as they agree with him. AZD does not wait for scientists to tell him what to think, that is what the GW believers do. AZD looks at the arguments and logic and sees all the flaws and makes his own informed decision.

But feel free to be told what to think. Remember: "People want to be told what to do so bad they will listen to anything."--Don Draper.
The President is a fink.
November 22nd, 2019 at 4:47:21 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: Evenbob

What? That era ended 12,000 years ago. I
thought only man caused climate change,
how could it happen on it's own.

You obviously forgot about The Flintstones.