Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

January 12th, 2020 at 12:18:02 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
I'm not going to review some of your science claims I've seen, but let's just say, they didn't make your case for much of a knowledge base.

And lets just say your claims all amount to "listen to what someone else said."

Like I said, it takes intellectual energy to be a denier. A believer just has to be a parrot.
The President is a fink.
January 12th, 2020 at 12:24:46 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
And lets just say your claims all amount to "listen to what someone else said."

Like I said, it takes intellectual energy to be a denier. A believer just has to be a parrot.

If that's the case, sorry to hear parrots are smarter than some humans. And they have two legs.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 12th, 2020 at 12:28:43 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
If that's the case, sorry to hear parrots are smarter than some humans. And they have two legs.

And what humans would they be smarter than?
The President is a fink.
January 12th, 2020 at 12:31:22 PM permalink
rxwine
Who you calling a parrot?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 12th, 2020 at 1:52:10 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
Like I said, it takes intellectual energy to be a denier.

Oh, our side isn't full of "deniers". Their side is just full of scammers. They tried scamming us with global cooling 40 years ago, but now the scammers have switched to global warming. 🙄
January 13th, 2020 at 6:12:44 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
AZ, you are equating the hypocrisy of most public proponents of GW with that meaning GW is not true. Just because Steyer keeps his mansion at 72 degrees instead of 65 in the winter, and 70 instead of 76 in the summer, doesn't mean GW doesn't exist. It just means he really doesn't care enough to make changes to his life. Just wants the government to make changes to your life.

Just to be clear, please answer this question...... Which of the following two statements is closer to your belief? (If neither fits write a third)

1. There is evidence that GW is a hoax.
2. There is not evidence that GW exists.

And by GW I mean GW caused by actions of man.
January 13th, 2020 at 8:00:58 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
SOOPOO now that you are retired you have some time to do more independent research on climate change. I believe that the climate is changing but I am not convinced it is totally or primarily caused by human CO2 emissions. What is true and can easily be researched is that any contrary evidence does not get much coverage in the media and some might say is actually supressed. I have posted many documented instances in this thread over the years with links to reputable groups (the most common one I use is NASA).

Here is the most recent one, the Jakobshavn Glacier in Greenland has been growing for 3 years now both in area and volume (as per NASA). This is likely due to the North Atlantic Oscillation which has 10 year cycle and is currently in its cold phase. Does this mean that it won't start shrinking again in 7 years, no. What is does show is the spin the so called experts put on what is happening, did you ever once, when the shrinking of this glacier was occurring, hear the scientific community say 'We are currently in the warm phase of the Oscillation and it possible that it will start growing again'? I have outlined numerous similar events showing suppression of any contrary evidence or opinions. Spend some in depth time on it SOOPOO and have a well researched unbiased opinion. You can't get that from the MMM and my old professor David Suzuki.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 13th, 2020 at 8:36:23 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: SOOPOO
AZ, you are equating the hypocrisy of most public proponents of GW with that meaning GW is not true. Just because Steyer keeps his mansion at 72 degrees instead of 65 in the winter, and 70 instead of 76 in the summer, doesn't mean GW doesn't exist. It just means he really doesn't care enough to make changes to his life. Just wants the government to make changes to your life.

Just to be clear, please answer this question...... Which of the following two statements is closer to your belief? (If neither fits write a third)

1. There is evidence that GW is a hoax.
2. There is not evidence that GW exists.

And by GW I mean GW caused by actions of man.

I will write a third. There is no solid proof mankind is the cause of any climate change.

Data is too little for too short a time and impossible to have a control planet.

My biggest belief it is a scam is the believers deny any challenge. Prediction after prediction wrong but they dig in deeper.

And of course follow all that money.
The President is a fink.
January 13th, 2020 at 9:35:48 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Thanks Kenarman and AZ. I agree with you that there is no ironclad proof the GW is predominantly a man made occurrence. But I would certainly state that the preponderance of evidence supports that. For every article or study either one of you can show, there are 50 to 100 that show the opposite.

Although, it was 60 here in Buffalo yesterday. That should be proof enough that GW is real!
January 13th, 2020 at 9:39:04 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: SOOPOO
Thanks Kenarman and AZ. I agree with you that there is no ironclad proof the GW is predominantly a man made occurrence. But I would certainly state that the preponderance of evidence supports that. For every article or study either one of you can show, there are 50 to 100 that show the opposite.

Although, it was 60 here in Buffalo yesterday. That should be proof enough that GW is real!

I'd be curious if you did any medical practices that 97% of your profession disagreed with. Can you think of any?