Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

January 28th, 2020 at 4:23:02 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
Not sure how faked meat is supposed to be better for you than the real thing.
Amen!

It's hilarious how libbies claim to love "natural" foods yet they get aroused at the thought of eating highly processed plants. 😂😂
February 1st, 2020 at 6:23:26 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: odiousgambit
I am just now catching up with the current Weather Channel propaganda, having gotten disgusted with it years ago. They are really going into high gear now - there is supposed to be a new 'race to save the planet' special upcoming, and I saw a commercial for it - they gave it a subtitle that included the words "environmental justice". Wow is that scary. 

I can't seem to find when this is going to air, but lest I be accused of only tuning in to what I agree with, I'll watch it.
Just found out this will be aired tonight 8 PM Eastern
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 2nd, 2020 at 6:32:01 AM permalink
odiousgambit
So I watched 'race to save the planet' special. This is going to sound like an exaggeration , but I can say categorically it is a simple endorsement of the top candidates for president of the Democratic party: Bloomberg, Sanders, Warren, Klobuchar, Buttigieg, Steyer, and Yang, while notably excluding Biden,  under the guise of concern for "environmental justice."

I was able to learn what they mean by environmental justice,

"Environmental justice is the fair treatment and meaningful involvement of all people regardless of race, color, national origin, or income with respect to the development, implementation, and enforcement of environmental laws, regulations, and policies." [per EPA]

They emphasized how poor people tend to live in the worst areas of pollution and flooding risk, and asserted that climate change is going to make it worse. Then each candidate was trotted out for some platitudes. As far as solutions offered by these candidates, the only think I caught was 'better enforcement of regulations'. 

Oh, and when they featured the communities most at risk from pollution and everything, they did point out that these places are all run despotically by the Democratic party.............. oh sure they did!
February 2nd, 2020 at 7:21:40 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

"Environmental justice is the fair treatment and meaningful involvement of all people regardless of race, color, national origin, or income with respect to the development, implementation, and enforcement of environmental laws, regulations, and policies." [per EPA]

If the EPA has time to come up with "environmental justice" then time to cut their budget and staff, they have too much time in their hands.
The President is a fink.
February 2nd, 2020 at 8:32:45 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: AZDuffman
If the EPA has time to come up with "environmental justice" then time to cut their budget and staff, they have too much time in their hands.
It's been around for a while. What little can be done about the fate of poor people subjected to this problem mostly takes a lot of money, basically poor people need to quit being poor. Whatever can be done otherwise isn't going to be accomplished by treating them as pawns in the game of gaining political power.

Including Steyer in the mix was interesting, he has no chance of winning, but qualifies for inclusion by being a complete nut.
February 2nd, 2020 at 8:49:45 AM permalink
AZDuffman
It's been around for a while. What little can be done about the fate of poor people subjected to this problem mostly takes a lot of money, basically poor people need to quit being poor. Whatever can be done otherwise isn't going to be accomplished by treating them as pawns in the game of gaining political power.

Including Steyer in the mix was interesting, he has no chance of winning, but qualifies for inclusion by being a complete nut.

The elites who push this stuff want to "help the poor" until it comes to changing their HOA regs and zoning laws to make it easier to build housing for them, then as you say they show they are just using these poor souls as pawns in their own power games.

Set up a carbon exchange with lots of laws so "the poor are not as affected by climate change." But then their cost for a gallon of gas goes up as does the price of anything they buy that was shipped on a truck (IOW, everything they buy) but "we did something to help the poor!"

After the carbon exchange is set up, have all kinds of execs fly in on private jets to Chicago and NYC to celebrate the new exchange and backslap about helping with global warming.

Yet the sheep never see what is going on.
The President is a fink.
February 2nd, 2020 at 11:02:19 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Oh, and when they featured the communities most at risk from pollution and everything, they did point out that these places are all run despotically by the Democratic party.............. oh sure they did!

Still, why do 18 of the 19 poorest states have legislatures where both chambers are Republican controlled.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 2nd, 2020 at 11:10:54 AM permalink
rxwine
I’m not sure, but it seems to me the poor in fly over country might be the least affected by climate change overall compared to the poor in coastal cities.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 2nd, 2020 at 11:19:37 AM permalink
rxwine
Also, I might add, I think worrying about wholesale outlawing of meat regardless of proponents is an extremist view in itself. Heck PETA is still waging anti-cruelty warfare. We are far from wholesale meat bans or overwhelming support. We’ve always had some meat bans, but for other reasons.
February 2nd, 2020 at 11:44:10 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
I’m not sure, but it seems to me the poor in fly over country might be the least affected by climate change overall compared to the poor in coastal cities.

Since neither are really affected what does it matter?
The President is a fink.