How Cold Is It

Page 11 of 11« First<891011
December 28th, 2021 at 12:06:18 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Evenbob
You know what they say, you'll never forget your first summer in Florida because you think you're going to die. A friend of mine had to move to Florida for 2 years because his job forced him to, he said it was like being in prison in the summer. He could do nothing outdoors. Some people I know do everything they need to do outside before 7 a.m. In the summer because after about 8 a.m. the humidity is so oppressive they sweat through their clothes immediately. But you'll be on your couch watching TV so you'll never even notice. I have some friends went to Louisiana after Katrina to help out with the stray animal problem after the hurricane. They lasted exactly a day and a half before they came home because the humidity made them physically sick. But hey, no snow in the winter. No snow either here so far and it's almost January 1st

It sounds like your friends are wimpy. For some reason 21 million people live here with more moving here everyday.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 28th, 2021 at 12:48:55 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: DRich
It sounds like your friends are wimpy. For some reason 21 million people live here with more moving here everyday.

Other than the poor rednecks in the swamps I have to bet most of these 21 million have air conditioning.

Same with Las Vegas.

A regular exposure to non-air conditioned high heat and / or humidity is most unpleasant for most of us.
December 28th, 2021 at 1:27:20 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
Have you seen The Villages Golf Cart Drill Team?

Funny you should ask! Just saw a golf cart that said ‘member of The Villages Golf Cart Drill Team’ but I hadn’t heard of it before.

81 today at the pool. I think that’s around 50 more than I’ll be experiencing next week.
Page 11 of 11« First<891011