Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Gandler
Yes, and add alcohol and caffeine.

Which in moderation are good for
you. Inhaling anything other than
clean air is never good for you
in any quantity.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 12th, 2019 at 12:05:35 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Evenbob
Which in moderation are good for
you. Inhaling anything other than
clean air is never good for you
in any quantity.

You can make a very solid argument that in moderation nicotine is good for you.
October 12th, 2019 at 12:23:31 PM permalink
Evenbob
You can make a very solid argument that in moderation nicotine is good for you.

Not inhaled nicotine. Our lungs evolved
to filter one thing. Air.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 12th, 2019 at 12:36:54 PM permalink
Gandler
Not inhaled nicotine. Our lungs evolved
to filter one thing. Air.

Yes but there and endless way to ingest nicotine other than smoking or vaping (oral snuff or chewing tobacco or dissolvable orbs, skin patches, nasal snuff, etc....)

Nicotine patches for example have almost no negative effects other than the general effects of nicotine (blood pressure spike, addiction potential, etc...)

And, vaping is almost certainly at least somewhat safer than smoking. Carbon Monoxide filled smoke hits lungs much harder than vapor.

Nicotine is highly addictive, but it one of the safest drugs that exist (addiction aside), if you consume it in a safe manner (smoking is by far the riskiest way to consume nicotine).
October 12th, 2019 at 12:44:07 PM permalink
Evenbob
Yes but there and endless way to ingest nicotine other than smoking or vaping .

This discussion is about lungs, not
how you can deliver drugs by other
means. Smoking or vaping anything
is bad for you.
October 12th, 2019 at 12:46:18 PM permalink
Gandler
This discussion is about lungs, not
how you can deliver drugs by other
means. Smoking or vaping anything
is bad for you.

That is true.

But, it is also true that vaping is significantly safer than smoking.
October 12th, 2019 at 12:46:40 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Yes but there and endless way to ingest nicotine other than smoking or vaping (oral snuff or chewing tobacco or dissolvable orbs, skin patches, nasal snuff, etc....)

Nicotine patches for example have almost no negative effects other than the general effects of nicotine (blood pressure spike, addiction potential, etc...)

And, vaping is almost certainly at least somewhat safer than smoking. Carbon Monoxide filled smoke hits lungs much harder than vapor.

Nicotine is highly addictive, but it one of the safest drugs that exist (addiction aside), if you consume it in a safe manner (smoking is by far the riskiest way to consume nicotine).

Hasn’t the original tobacco product likely been modified by growers since the days of the colonialism,. As well as the final product in additives.

Nobody can leave anything in its natural form.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 12th, 2019 at 12:48:24 PM permalink
Evenbob
That is true.

But, it is also true that vaping is significantly safer than smoking.

That's like saying jumping off a 3
story building is safer than off
a 20 story building.
October 12th, 2019 at 12:52:37 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: rxwine
Hasn’t the original tobacco product likely been modified by growers since the days of the colonialism,. As well as the final product in additives.

Nobody can leave anything in its natural form.

I can't claim to be an expert, but I am pretty sure in ancient Latin America tobacco had massive amounts of nicotine to the point where smoking it caused hallucinations used by shamans (at least that is what I remeber learning).

Tobacco is still dangerous without additives, the carbon monoxide and tar are probably the most dangerous (and both are "natural" reactions from burning tobacco).

Natural is not always better. Genetic modification and chemicals make many "natural" products safer....

If you want Additive free cigs, buy American Spirits or Winstons ("No Additives No Bull" famous ad campaign), I believe both (at least used to) also feature messages that have to say "No additives does not mean a safer cigarette")....
October 12th, 2019 at 1:05:15 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I can't claim to be an expert, but I am pretty sure in ancient Latin America tobacco had massive amounts of nicotine to the point where smoking it caused hallucinations used by shamans (at least that is what I remeber learning).

Tobacco is still dangerous without additives, the carbon monoxide and tar are probably the most dangerous (and both are "natural" reactions from burning tobacco).

Natural is not always better. Genetic modification and chemicals make many "natural" products safer....

If you want Additive free cigs, buy American Spirits or Winstons ("No Additives No Bull" famous ad campaign), I believe both (at least used to) also feature messages that have to say "No additives does not mean a safer cigarette")....

My view on natural is not that it makes anything safe, but that over evoulutionary time, your body has either adjusted to it, or identified it as harmful. As long as it is native to a region for long enough time, and you are too.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 4 of 5<12345>