In The News Today...

Page 2 of 2074<12345>Last »

Thread Rating:

May 3rd, 2014 at 11:24:24 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Quote: Evenbob
You mean the only real news network. Without
Fox we would have no idea what's going on.

You mean "without Fox we would have no idea what to get
paranoid about".
May 7th, 2014 at 7:45:13 AM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
First, the government sends armed agents to collect a bill (Cliven Bundy), and now they're arresting a parent for "disorderly conduct" because he spoke longer than 2 minutes. (I guarantee that if this guy were a "gay activist", the brownshirt.....er, I mean, cop.....wouldn't have even approached him)

A New Hampshire parent was arrested at a Monday night school board meeting
...after he voiced concerns that his ninth grade daughter was assigned a book which includes a graphic sexual encounter.

The tree of liberty is getting very, very thirsty!
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
May 7th, 2014 at 8:34:17 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Beethoven
First, the government sends armed agents to collect a bill (Cliven Bundy), and now they're arresting a parent for "disorderly conduct" because he spoke longer than 2 minutes. (I guarantee that if this guy were a "gay activist", the brownshirt.....er, I mean, cop.....wouldn't have even approached him)

On Bundy, I heard somewhere that it was at a boiling point that we could have had another shot heard around the world. If this isn't a wake-up call to why the Second Amendment is important I don't know what is.

As to this parent getting arrested, I think it makes what I was listening to on a podcast yesterday sound so much more sane. It may be time to start dismantling the public education system in the USA and replace it with a mixture of charter, private, home, and alternative schooling programs. At $10K+ per student we can do far better than we are.

Let some go to a very local school with a mentor and lots of online classes on a netmeeting platform or similar videoconferencing platrform. The "teacher" may be in another state with 500+ students tuned in. Right there you cut costs by a factor of 90% or more. Or a charter school, similar to what we have now. Or lots of things.

The idea is if you don't want your kid being forced to read "Daddy's Roommate" in grammar school then this kind of thing in high school, you can pull them out. Everyone will be better off, excpet the education-industrial complex who is leeching off all of the mess we have today.

EDIT: The first step to this is to remove and repeal EVERY Federal Standard on education, none should have been put in place in the first place.
The President is a fink.
May 7th, 2014 at 9:49:00 AM permalink
Beethoven
Quote: AZDuffman
It may be time to start dismantling the public education system in the USA and replace it with a mixture of charter, private, home, and alternative schooling programs. At $10K+ per student we can do far better than we are.
+100

Totally, totally agree. Unfortunately, with so many LIV's out there, it may take nothing less than a 2nd Revolution to succeed.

Here's another BS story. Police are now warning people not to sit on the sidewalk in Spokane, WA.

Police Say Don't Sit On Downtown Spokane Sidewalks
May 7th, 2014 at 10:56:55 AM permalink
Beethoven
Just 7 Percent Of Journalists Are Republicans

Does this surprise anybody (other than ignorant libs)??????
May 8th, 2014 at 5:08:52 PM permalink
Beethoven
Can't believe some libs actually want Elizabeth Warren to run for president. How is this woman supposed to stand up to Al-Qaeda when she was scared to death of Jon Stewart?!?!

Warren reveals that the prospect of sitting down with Stewart in 2009 was so daunting, she got sick to her stomach
May 8th, 2014 at 6:23:34 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Ain't never heard of Elizabeth Warren or Jon Stewart.
May 8th, 2014 at 6:40:58 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff
Ain't never heard of Elizabeth Warren or Jon Stewart.

Warren is the lying fraud who claimed she
was a Native American so she could get a
cushy job as a professor at a big Lib
university. Stewart is a failed standup
comic and actor, so he does political satire
on cable. He a Lib, I can take maybe 3min
of him at a time.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 8th, 2014 at 9:43:58 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Quote: AZDuffman
On Bundy, I heard somewhere that it was at a boiling point that we could have had another shot heard around the world. If this isn't a wake-up call to why the Second Amendment is important I don't know what is.

As to this parent getting arrested, I think it makes what I was listening to on a podcast yesterday sound so much more sane. It may be time to start dismantling the public education system in the USA and replace it with a mixture of charter, private, home, and alternative schooling programs. At $10K+ per student we can do far better than we are.

Let some go to a very local school with a mentor and lots of online classes on a netmeeting platform or similar videoconferencing platrform. The "teacher" may be in another state with 500+ students tuned in. Right there you cut costs by a factor of 90% or more. Or a charter school, similar to what we have now. Or lots of things.

The idea is if you don't want your kid being forced to read "Daddy's Roommate" in grammar school then this kind of thing in high school, you can pull them out. Everyone will be better off, excpet the education-industrial complex who is leeching off all of the mess we have today.

EDIT: The first step to this is to remove and repeal EVERY Federal Standard on education, none should have been put in place in the first place.

My comment is that a few quacks here and there doens't mean that the entire school system should be dismantled. These are the words in the book that the parents are complaining about:

Quote: 19 Minutes, Page 313

“‘Relax,’ Matt murmured, and then he sank his teeth into her shoulder. He pinned her hands over her head and ground his hips against hers. She could feel his erection, hot against her stomach. ” … She couldn’t remember ever feeling so heavy, as if her heart were beating between her legs. She clawed at Matt’s back to bring him closer. “‘Yeah,’ he groaned, and her pushed her thighs apart. And then suddenly Matt was inside her, pumping so hard that she scooted backward on the carpet, burning the backs of her legs. … (H)e clamped his hand over her mouth and drove harder and harder until Josie felt him come. “Semen, sticky and hot, pooled on the carpet beneath her.”

The book has been on the curriculum since 2007 for Grade 9 students. Yes, it's uncomfortable to read. Yet I know that most children in Grade 9 (including my own) have talked about and read much worse material than that. The scene itself is depicting a rape scene in a book about teenage bullying and violence to drive home a point. These are likely parents who are complaining about a school book who likely are letting their kids roam free on the internets and Facebook.

And I remember grade 9 quite well, stealing my Dad's Playboys and getting my brother's Penthouse Forum books and going to town, so none of that content would have been a shocker to me, nor would it be to any of the children reading that material, which is why it stayed off of parent's radars for 7 years. Heck, I remember the screening of Romeo and Juliet we had in Grade 10 English, the uncut version with Juliet's breasts displayed.

My point is that the kids reading the book are probably more concerned about the violence depiction of the sex scene rather than the sex itself.
May 9th, 2014 at 3:00:18 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: boymimbo
My comment is that a few quacks here and there doens't mean that the entire school system should be dismantled. These are the words in the book that the parents are complaining about:

It is not that is should be dismantled for a few quacks. It is that is needs to be dismantled and replaced because the entire thing is not delivering what it should. It is getting outmoded and while may be good for many it is no longer great for many. With the fact that so much of the rest of life in the USA is getting specialized and customized it may be time to tear the education system down to its bones and rebuild it in new ways the same as you gut an old house down to the studs and rebuild it.

That is all I am saying and is another thread.
The President is a fink.
Page 2 of 2074<12345>Last »