In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

May 22nd, 2014 at 4:37:47 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Beethoven
Good lord, what the heck is this country coming to?

New York Radio Hosts Fired For Transgender Remarks

Same old story, toe the line or the gay mafia will take you down.
The President is a fink.
May 22nd, 2014 at 4:43:17 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I don't know how you go from what I say to what liberals say. You seem to have a better handle on what all liberals think than I do, and I certainly don't think or believe most of the things you say all liberals think.

I support people's rights to make any statement they want, and be as bigoted as they want. I won't be the one screaming bigot at them, but I support the rights of others who wish to do so.

I even support your right to paint liberals with one big brush. I hope you support my right to express that I think you are mistaken, and not all liberals believe the things you think they believe.

I don't even consider myself a liberal, but I must seem pretty far to the left when you compare me to some of the other people here.

With this basketball thing, I think it is the people who work for him, and the people who buy tickers from him, who should be deciding his fate, not the other owners. They can choose whether or not they want to play there, or to buy his tickets, and it should become clear very soon whether or not it makes sense for him to continue to own the team. Basically, people should vote with their pocketbooks.

I also think his rights were violated when the conversation was made public.

Rush Limbaugh is a great example of free speech and the free market. He says plenty of things, or perhaps I should say, most of the things he says pisses off the liberals. He has kept most of his sponsors, though, so they must figure they make more money from the people who agree with him than the people he pisses off. I am also not one of the people calling for him to be banned from the air. The people who pay, or choose not to pay, his sponsors are the ones who decide that.

So yes, I use the free speech and free market argument. And no, I am not the liberal you think I am. At least, not one who fits your definition of all liberals. But feel free to define or redefine liberals any way you wish.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
May 22nd, 2014 at 4:43:39 PM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Quote: AZDuffman
Same old story, toe the line or the gay mafia will take you down.

When I was a kid, I used to wonder how people in the Roman Empire felt when they could see it in decline but could do nothing to stop it.

Now I know.
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
May 22nd, 2014 at 4:47:16 PM permalink
Beethoven
Quote: Dalex64
not all liberals believe the things you think they believe.
OK, then name one liberal who opposes gay marriage.

With this basketball thing, I think it is the people who work for him, and the people who buy tickers from him, who should be deciding his fate, not the other owners. They can choose whether or not they want to play there, or to buy his tickets, and it should become clear very soon whether or not it makes sense for him to continue to own the team. Basically, people should vote with their pocketbooks.

I also think his rights were violated when the conversation was made public.

Rush Limbaugh is a great example of free speach and the free market. He says plenty of things, or perhaps I should say, most of the things he says pisses off the liberals. He has kept most of his sponsors, though, so they must figure they make more money from the people who agree with him than the people he pisses off. I am also not one of the people calling for him to be banned from the air. The people who pay, or choose not to pay, his sponsors are the ones who decide that

Excellent...you need to have a talk with some of the others here. ;)
May 22nd, 2014 at 4:58:47 PM permalink
Dalex64
A simple google search reveals on the first page a liberal who opposed gay marriage in 2007.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/23/us/23beliefs.html?pagewanted=all

I am hoping you will not ask me to prove that he really is a liberal, is still a liberal, and still opposes gay mariage. But I thnk most people would agree that he is a liberal and does oppose gay marriage.

If you claim he is not a liberal because he does not believe in gay marriage, then instead we would be arguing about what makes someone a liberal.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
May 22nd, 2014 at 5:15:56 PM permalink
Beethoven
A simple google search reveals on the first page a liberal who opposed gay marriage in 2007.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/23/us/23beliefs.html?pagewanted=all
Cool, so your only evidence is a 7-year-old article about a guy whom nobody has ever heard of before? lol...
May 22nd, 2014 at 5:29:58 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
When I was a kid, I used to wonder how people in the Roman Empire felt when they could see it in decline but could do nothing to stop it.

Now I know.

When your society is in decline there is really little to nothing you can do to stop it. As I best heard, "Those who do not know their history are doomed to repeat it; those who do are doomed to be driven crazy by the first group."

Anyone with half a brain can see the underclass we have in the USA and the behaviors that keep them there. I can't tell you what it looks like on court days in the courthouse (in case I never said, the county building is called "court.house" in my biz even if only part of it is "court." ) It is kind of like "the people of Wal-Mart." These folks just look beat up and worn out. Some look like a casting call for a bad reality show. And they are there because of divorce, custody, DUIs, and other such things.

This underclass has always been there, but two things. First, we used to tell people when they were doing bad, used to warn them. "Hey, you have a kid with no husband and your life will be poverty." Now if you say this you are "mean" or "judging people." We used to educate the unhealthy aspects of homosexuality. We used to not glorify drug use. But all of this has changed to one degree or another.

Now we have this 20% or so underclass that just cannot get it together. We have another 40% who get by but really expect the company, the union, or the government will take care of them in the end. This combined group are the ones who get whalloped by sudden things, from a temporary weather disaster to a recession. They all live for today and go with the flow. They are the ones who know more about pop culture than how their government works. They are also the ones who believed they could keep their health insurance if they liked it, and the ones who "listen to the scientists" and don't use their own judgment on issues from global warmin g to the latest "food scare."

The remaining 40% think for themselves, learn skills, prepare by having enough food and supplies. They are not afraid to say the person in a bad situation probably at least mostly put themselves there. They do not care what the other 60% thinks. But at just 40% they are doomed to have to go where society is driving the bus. So they do the best they can for themselves. They stand the best chance of surviving the coming disruption.
The President is a fink.
May 22nd, 2014 at 6:31:06 PM permalink
Dalex64
Cool, so your only evidence is a 7-year-old article about a guy whom nobody has ever heard of before? lol...

You said find one, I found one. That is the limit of the effort I am putting towards it. I don't care how many people know him, or how old the article is, it is sufficient to demonstrate that you are incorrect.

Your reaction, by the way, was completely predictable. Do you have some way to demonstrate that I am incorrect, or is the limit of your argument just to attempt to minimize what I found? I haven't seen your trump card on this one yet, which is to claim that he was lying, or that you simply don't believe him.

I am aledging that not all liberals support gay marriage. I found you one that did not. Your reaction to this reinforces the feeling I have that you are hardly worth talking to.
May 22nd, 2014 at 6:59:30 PM permalink
Beethoven
You said find one, I found one. That is the limit of the effort I am putting towards it. I don't care how many people know him, or how old the article is, it is sufficient to demonstrate that you are incorrect.
That cracks me up. :D

Your answer, by the way, was completely predictable. I mean...David Blankenhorn??? From 7 years ago??? Sure, I guess you technically came up with a valid answer, but gosh it was lame...lol

I can think of about 5 conservatives off the top of my head who support gay marriage, yet you need to do a google search that turns up a 7-year-old article about some guy nobody has ever heard of???

Your reaction to this reinforces the feeling I have that you are hardly worth talking to.
You guys always say stuff like that, but I've found that the opposite is true. All these libs I've encountered claim that they want nothing to do with me, yet somehow I'm able to reside in their heads rent-free. They google search my username...they go through all my past posts...they check my profile every day to see if I changed my sig...and so on. I doubt you'll be any different...lol :D
May 22nd, 2014 at 7:40:25 PM permalink
Dalex64
Like I said, a minimal effort to perform a simple google search.

I do find you amusing, though. I really can't tell whether or not you believe the things that you say! Either way, though, its pretty funny.

I'm not going to google search you or read your past posts or track your signature, so you are wrong about me. You make far too many assumptions.