In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

October 18th, 2014 at 12:15:16 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
Yes a typo, I meant Rand Paul.
Anyway, ebola is tough to get.
I cant remember trading any kind of bodily fluids with total strangers in say, hmm, my lifetime.
Bottom line is it is hard to get. Aids is hard to get.
Chances of me dying from a gunshot are much greater then catching ebola.
And those chances of dying from a gunshot are slim, just million times more likely then me dying from ebola.

Don't tell us, tell people worried about it. We now have an Ebola Tsar, whatever that is supposed to help.
The President is a fink.
October 18th, 2014 at 1:08:33 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com/2014/10/domestic-democracy-or-foreign.html

I enjoy the heck out of reading [or watching] Chalmers Johnson, now deceased. He was able to explain, blowback and overreach quite well.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 20th, 2014 at 8:28:33 PM permalink
petroglyph
Do to trade agreements we do not have the right to even know where our food comes from let alone what's in it.

http://www.citizen.org/pressroom/pressroomredirect.cfm?ID=4293

The new TPP and TAFTA will be shocking and demoralizing in scope. We get sued for 100's of billions by other countries for not being fair and accepting they're crap.

Do you ever get some inkling that somehow what you see and hear about inflation doesn't equal your personal experience? A short but very informative video that explains why and how. Easy to grasp how GDP is fudged and a lot more, listen to it in the background if you can't sit for a spell.
http://http://www.peakprosperity.com/blog/88158/fuzzy-numbers-crash-course-chapter-18

Coincidence or Cartel?? See John Perkins "confessions of an economic hitman".If you have crossed any central bank or big oil, don't get in planes. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-20/anti-petrodollar-ceo-french-energy-giant-total-dies-freak-plane-crash-moscow#comments
October 21st, 2014 at 12:10:10 PM permalink
petroglyph
A poll taken by pew of most and least trusted news sources.

http://www.journalism.org/interactives/media-polarization/table/distrust/

Funny that, the first one I even consider paying any attention to is #13, shows what can happen when you are a news junkie.
October 21st, 2014 at 2:09:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: petroglyph
A poll taken by pew of most and least trusted news sources.

It's funny that the two most mistrusted are
also the two ratings killers. Rush and Fox
are so out front of everybody else it isn't
even a race. So either people are listening
to those they don't trust, which would be
pointless, or polls are meaningless.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 21st, 2014 at 2:21:15 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Evenbob
It's funny that the two most mistrusted are
also the two ratings killers. Rush and Fox
are so out front of everybody else it isn't
even a race. So either people are listening
to those they don't trust, which would be
pointless, or polls are meaningless.

Look at the chart again. It goes by groups who trust's who's news source. The way I see it the very conservative group trusts the top group the most and at least on my part no insult intended, the left distrusts him the most.

My news sources don't even show at all. I am not surprised though.

It's just fyi, I don't expect anyone to change their mind.
October 22nd, 2014 at 12:51:24 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Kimberly Guilfoyleof Foxnews said Tuesday that young women should excuse themselves from voting in the upcoming midterm elections because they don't share the same "life experience" as older women and should just go back to playing around on Tinder and Match.com.

Wow, I encourage EVERYBODY to vote. Even republicans.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 22nd, 2014 at 1:36:58 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
Kimberly Guilfoyleof Foxnews said Tuesday that young women should excuse themselves from voting in the upcoming midterm elections because they don't share the same "life experience" as older women and should just go back to playing around on Tinder and Match.com.

Wow, I encourage EVERYBODY to vote. Even republicans.

I do not encourage ANYONE to voe. Last thing I want is uninformed people thinking it is "cool" to vote and picking a candidate for some silly reason. Let the uninformed stay home and watch whatever junk they watch on TV.
The President is a fink.
October 22nd, 2014 at 2:08:49 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The irrefutable evidence shows that the
cop in Ferguson was attacked in his car
by the black kid. The eyewitnesses lied,
there will be no charges. Time for Obama
and Holder to call for the arrest of the
authorities who made this call..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 22nd, 2014 at 2:11:00 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: AZDuffman
I do not encourage ANYONE to voe. Last thing I want is uninformed people thinking it is "cool" to vote and picking a candidate for some silly reason. Let the uninformed stay home and watch whatever junk they watch on TV.

You beat me to it.

I'd be happy if most people stayed home. I suppose that's one good thing about the Kardashians; anyone that's so absorbed so as to miss voting is a vote better off left uncast.

Enjoy it while it lasts. My coup has been a long time in the making, and there's not many years left that you'll get this opportunity (smiley / winky purposely omitted)

I have never voted.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.