In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 14th, 2020 at 3:35:15 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Conservative mom group "1,000,000 Moms" is protesting the word "damn" in a Burger King commercial because children might be watching.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/heres-why-a-conservative-moms-group-is-peeved-at-burger-king/ar-BBYUKTs?ocid=spartanntp

Good for them, where I come from you watch your language when kids are around.
The President is a fink.
January 14th, 2020 at 5:21:03 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Tanko
The new law in Cut 'Em loose Coumo's single party NYS, eliminates bail for most misdemeanors and non-violent felonies.

Rob a bank, you go free. Assault a cop, you go free. Commit repeated assaults, you go free. Assaults are apparently considered non-violent under the new law.

This one assaulted an officer and was released the same day.

This one was arrested for assaulting three jewish women. She was released, and assaulted another the next day.

Another

Another

Gun permit applications are now up 1,000 percent in the Hassidic community.

This one robbed four banks and was released under the new law, because he didn’t show a weapon. After he was released, he said, “I can’t believe they let me out. What were they thinking?”

A day later, he robbed a fifth bank. He will be released again, when he is captured.

Quite frankly, this is what happens when the Democrats have control of the governorship, Senate, and assembly. I have been getting multiple emails from my Republican representatives bemoaning the fact that the Democrat majority has pushed this through. I think the expansive press coverage of this might actually force the Democrats to repeal this bill they passed a short while ago. You can also check on the bill that allows illegal aliens to go to college for free in New York State if they fall below a certain income level, which the great majority of them do.
January 14th, 2020 at 6:16:22 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: AZDuffman
Good for them, where I come from you watch your language when kids are around.

Glad to see you protect children ears from the word "damn" even though you wouldn't worry about their food harvest being destroyed by bugs.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 14th, 2020 at 8:37:02 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Glad to see you protect children ears from the word "damn" even though you wouldn't worry about their food harvest being destroyed by bugs.

Bugs will come. Farmers use pest control best they can. Some of nature you just can’t control.

But you can avoid using a potty mouth around kids. I avoid it. Around women too for that matter.
The President is a fink.
January 14th, 2020 at 8:57:33 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

I visited the Hoover Dam
Took the Dam tour with the dam tour guide
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 14th, 2020 at 2:07:46 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
I visited the Hoover Dam
Took the Dam tour with the dam tour guide

A few years ago the Dam tour was still free, I heard it is now around $25 a person.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 14th, 2020 at 2:39:22 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: DRich
A few years ago the Dam tour was still free, I heard it is now around $25 a person.

I would think a national park tour would remain free.
The President is a fink.
January 14th, 2020 at 3:28:41 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: SOOPOO

Quite frankly, this is what happens when the Democrats have control of the governorship, Senate, and assembly. I have been getting multiple emails from my Republican representatives bemoaning the fact that the Democrat majority has pushed this through..
All this does is grant admission to bail, they still have to show up for a trial.
January 14th, 2020 at 4:19:26 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Democrats Block Vote on Measure to Support Iranian Protesters

I quote parts:
Quote:
Republicans are shocked and outraged after their Democratic colleagues voted to block House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy’s resolution to condemn the Iranian government and support the Iranian protesters who are boldly demonstrating against the oppressive regime.

Leader McCarthy's resolution does the following: 1) condemns Iran for killing over 1,000 Iranian citizens who were protesting their government, 2) condemns the Government of Iran for shooting down Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752, 3) condemns the Government of Iran for repeatedly lying to its people and to the world about its responsibility for the downing of Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752, 4) calls on the Government of Iran to refrain from the use of violence, and protect the rights of freedom of expression and peaceful assembly, the leader's office explains.

Yep, the libbies here should be sooooo proud of their party, the terrorist loving democrats.
Let's go Brandon
January 14th, 2020 at 7:15:29 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: fleaswatter
the terrorist loving democrats.

lol... this seems a little desperate. Very pre-Iraq war of you. Next you’re going to start burning Dixie Chicks CDs.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman