aceofspades
Threads: 83
January 29th, 2020 at 3:45:41 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: aceofspades

Quote: link
Face masks are reportedly selling out in cities across Asia

So, haters, explain again how this is not an Asian thing because some white guy from Akron, OH was on vacation in China and bought one of the masks.
The President is a fink.
January 29th, 2020 at 4:54:42 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Mr. Clean is dirty...

"Mohammed Nuru for years endeared himself to mayors, and instilled fear among critics, for doing whatever he viewed as necessary to produce results on the streets. San Francisco’s longtime director of public works went by the Twitter handle @MrCleanSF, and neither reports of ethical breaches nor criticism of harsh tactics in clearing out homeless people from doorways or encampments eroded his clout at City Hall."

https://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/editorials/article/Editorial-San-Francisco-s-Mr-Clean-is-15011880.php

Maybe someday Californians will realize that their state's liberalism is not good for the rank and file folks, which is most of them. I know some cities with huge tax bases are kept up very nicely, but cities like San Francisco are open cesspools. When we visited a couple of years ago, it was just plain ugly on the streets. It wasn't crime, like muggers, or anything like that...it was the homeless people all over the place.

The worst part of it is some of those idiot liberals who have allowed their state to sink into the state it has are moving out and coming to places like Texas and helping elect some of their ilk. Come to a state for low taxes and then try to do the same things there that you did in the old one. A formula for disaster for the people but a victory for the liberals. No, thank you...why not work on things that will fix the problems Texas has without ruining it? You've already proven you can do that in California.

Some of you will cheer this of course, the chance to take over Texas, but someday we have to realize we can't fix everything with more taxes and more government control.
January 29th, 2020 at 5:33:59 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC
but cities like San Francisco are open cesspools. When we visited a couple of years ago, it was just plain ugly on the streets. It wasn't crime, like muggers, or anything like that...it was the homeless people all over the place.

I just visited San Francisco last month.
Dead and Company played at the new Chase Center Dec 30 and Dec 31
I have visited the city many times in the past seeing the Grateful Dead at the Oakland Coliseum about 12 times so seen every tourist destination in the city.
This trip, I decided to just walk around exploring the city.
I walked from Japantown , where I was staying , all the way to the financial district. Pretty long walk.
I also ubered over to Haight and Ashbury and walked all over that neighborhood.
After one show, Walked from Mission bay district to the Mission district at night because that's where my buddy lived. That was a real long walk done after midnight.
Bottom line, did a ton of walking all over the city, day and night.
Honestly
I found San Francisco was just like every other city I have walked around and I have checked out a lot of downtowns in my life following the Grateful Dead around the Country.
I see more homeless in Florida, a state controlled by Republicans where I live then San Francisco.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 29th, 2020 at 6:19:28 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
I see more homeless in Florida, a state controlled by Republicans where I live then San Francisco.

Your experience is your experience; it certainly is nothing like what I saw. It is also not like what has been in the news.

I don't see nearly as many in Florida in a similar-sized area but we are talking about different cities there (I visit Melbourne several times a year and the Keys at least once a year), so I will defer to you on that.

I've not seen the amount of human feces on the street in any other city that I witnessed in San Francisco. I have hardly ever seen it anywhere else, though I am sure the homeless poop somewhere...perhaps back in the bushes in other places.
January 29th, 2020 at 7:08:45 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: RonC
Your experience is your experience; it certainly is nothing like what I saw. It is also not like what has been in the news.

precisely. We see and react to different things. News is often what an assignment editor thinks is news worthy (if it bleeds it leads).
January 29th, 2020 at 7:50:51 AM permalink
aceofspades
Oh, an election year comedy about an election pitting the evil Republicans against the Democrats written and directed by John Stewart
Color me shocked!

January 29th, 2020 at 9:06:46 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Oh, an election year comedy about an election pitting the evil Republicans against the Democrats written and directed by John Stewart
Color me shocked!

One of the great things about being a leftie is that we don’t have to get triggered by.... mainstream movie releases.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 29th, 2020 at 9:28:14 AM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: ams288
Color me shocked!

One of the great things about being a leftie is that we don’t have to get triggered by.... mainstream movie releases.

Yeah, you just get triggered by Tweets
January 29th, 2020 at 9:59:38 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: ams288
Color me shocked!

Yeah, you just get triggered by Tweets

Tweets from the POTUS have meaning and implications to the lives of every American. Movies are entertainment. Do the math.