In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 23rd, 2020 at 4:31:15 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Someone has to be a prison guard. You all should be glad there's someone to do it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 23rd, 2020 at 4:36:22 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Someone has to be a prison guard. You all should be glad there's someone to do it.

A few are good people who are COs because that is the LEO career they ended up in for one reason or another. The rest vary wildly.

I was co-manager with a guy who was fascinated with corrections. He was just into it. He said that the only two things you could get a CO to talk about was OT and time to pension. And the ones in their 20s still knew how many months until pension.

Prisons are for people who just want to watch time go by. Some do it behind bars, some as employees.
The President is a fink.
February 23rd, 2020 at 5:09:07 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Guarding prisoners would be a good place to use as many robots as possible. When I see story's about prisoners throwing urine and feces on guards, I came to the conclusion that I don't care if they have human contact or not.

Keep camera's watching prisoners round the clock, send R2D2 with meals.

One of my neighbors was a guard in Kingman, until a riot. He said there must be a better job somewhere.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 23rd, 2020 at 6:52:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I was watching some coverage of the Harvey Weinstein trial. Ever notice how many times old guys on trial are suddenly acting all handicapped?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 23rd, 2020 at 7:45:39 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Prisons are for people who just want to watch time go by. Some do it behind bars, some as employees.

Liddy said guards are generally
pretty stupid. That they are
hated by inmates, always
in danger, for a guard being
in prison every day is often
worse for them than the
prisoners. Yet some do it for
decades. Liddy said he hated
the guards because they were
stupid, he hated that they came
there every day when they didn't
have to.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 24th, 2020 at 3:06:23 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
I was watching some coverage of the Harvey Weinstein trial. Ever notice how many times old guys on trial are suddenly acting all handicapped?

Weinstein is 6’ tall and weighs over 200lbs.. His accusers say he forced himself on them. The purpose of the walker is to make him appear much smaller and frail to the jury.

He’s been photographed without the walker.
February 24th, 2020 at 3:17:54 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
When asked whether she felt safe being a prison guard, the officer told the reporter, “I’m safe. At least they’re behind bars here. You should be worried. They get released, and you don’t realize it, but they are standing next to you on the street and on the busses and subway.”
February 24th, 2020 at 4:00:34 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Liddy said guards are generally
pretty stupid. That they are
hated by inmates, always
in danger, for a guard being
in prison every day is often
worse for them than the
prisoners. Yet some do it for
decades. Liddy said he hated
the guards because they were
stupid, he hated that they came
there every day when they didn't
have to.

Liddy was not the brightest guest of the government. He was in Club Fed and supposedly started a hunger strike with 50 or so other idiots who as a result got themselves booted from a minimum security place to a max where aryans and muslims would stab each other over a donut.
The President is a fink.
February 24th, 2020 at 8:09:56 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I knew someone who went from jailguard to patrol qualified state trooper. I had to explain to her some of the rules in the jail and i had her make it clear to the prisoners that while one prisoner was "taking care of business" he not only did it in the presence of the guard but he struck the guard's sleeve and that is the reason she punished him for it. Given that situation no one retaliated against her.
February 24th, 2020 at 9:18:19 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

He does get a better parking spot. My wife mentioned same thing last night. Maybe Harvey has been reading the AP Disney thread here?