In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

July 28th, 2020 at 1:34:57 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: Evenbob
Covington Teen Nicholas Sandmann Settles $250M Defamation Lawsuit with the Washington Post on 18th Birthday

2 down 6 to go. How many
Libs said all the lawsuits
would be thrown out. I
said he would win them all.
Yep, all the libbies laughed at him.

Just like they laughed at Trump in 2016. 😂😂
July 28th, 2020 at 1:36:17 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Wonder how the libbies will try and spin this one?? 🤣

Poll: Reports of Trump's Defeat 'Greatly Exaggerated'
July 28th, 2020 at 1:39:06 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Shrek

A rightie cherry-picking an outlier poll and ignoring the polling averages?

I’m shocked!!!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 28th, 2020 at 1:56:38 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288

I’m shocked!!!

It is so shockingly different from all other recent polls. Somewhere down article it states that the 'others' over poll Democrats substantially. It's above my paygrade to analyze how polls work and how they decide to interpret their results. I DO believe that there are more Trump voters that will just not want to be subject to ridicule and just will say Biden, until in the voting booth. But it is hard to imagine there will be enough of those to overcome the many millions of voters the polls say Trump is behind, even in the 'battleground' states.
July 28th, 2020 at 2:01:21 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
Quote: ams288

I’m shocked!!!

It is so shockingly different from all other recent polls. Somewhere down article it states that the 'others' over poll Democrats substantially. It's above my paygrade to analyze how polls work and how they decide to interpret their results. I DO believe that there are more Trump voters that will just not want to be subject to ridicule and just will say Biden, until in the voting booth. But it is hard to imagine there will be enough of those to overcome the many millions of voters the polls say Trump is behind, even in the 'battleground' states.

Much has been written by the polling experts about why the “these polls are over sampling the Democrats!” people are just plain wrong.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 28th, 2020 at 2:12:14 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23

Are they so chicken**** that they're not willing to tell some random idiot on the phone that they plan to vote for Trump? Sounds very alpha.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 28th, 2020 at 2:28:58 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: Mission146
Are they so chicken**** that they're not willing to tell some random idiot on the phone that they plan to vote for Trump? Sounds very alpha.

Well... I was wrong on my last similar polling thought. I thought Obama would overpoll because I expected many Americans to say they supported him but when in the voting booth they would remember he was a Black man. And I thought there was enough racism to possibly swing the election (2012). I know many people, well some people, well a few people, that support Trump but just don't want to be told they are racists, homophobes, white supremacists, etc....
July 28th, 2020 at 2:30:58 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Well... I was wrong on my last similar polling thought. I thought Obama would overpoll because I expected many Americans to say they supported him but when in the voting booth they would remember he was a Black man. And I thought there was enough racism to possibly swing the election (2012). I know many people, well some people, well a few people, that support Trump but just don't want to be told they are racists, homophobes, white supremacists, etc....

If it helps, you can let them know that the telemarketer will be fired if expressing an opinion of his/her own and they are caught. They're supposed to politely terminate the call if they are backed into a corner that would cause the need to otherwise deviate from the script in any way.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 28th, 2020 at 3:07:00 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: Mission146
If it helps, you can let them know that the telemarketer will be fired if expressing an opinion of his/her own and they are caught. They're supposed to politely terminate the call if they are backed into a corner that would cause the need to otherwise deviate from the script in any way.

I get a 'poll' of many questions from my local State Senator (who I like A LOT). Some are kind of like this.... Do you support my efforts to rein in spending, decrease taxes, eliminate fraud.... or do you approve of the Democrat leadership in the State?

So the results might read like this.... 92% of my constituents do NOT approve of the Democrat leadership in the State.

I've seen a bunch of polls of 'likely' voters. I would like to see the definition Joe Blow uses to define 'likely'.

Summary... I am very wary of the accuracy of these Presidential polls. I believe it was Wisconsin that none of the hundreds of pre-election polls had Trump winning.... NONE.
July 28th, 2020 at 3:26:42 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
I get a 'poll' of many questions from my local State Senator (who I like A LOT). Some are kind of like this.... Do you support my efforts to rein in spending, decrease taxes, eliminate fraud.... or do you approve of the Democrat leadership in the State?

So the results might read like this.... 92% of my constituents do NOT approve of the Democrat leadership in the State.

I've seen a bunch of polls of 'likely' voters. I would like to see the definition Joe Blow uses to define 'likely'.

Summary... I am very wary of the accuracy of these Presidential polls. I believe it was Wisconsin that none of the hundreds of pre-election polls had Trump winning.... NONE.

I agree with that. Many of the telemarketing poll questions are clearly worded to elicit a particular response over others. My point is that a telemarketing agent is not going to cuss someone out, threaten them or even get into an off-script political debate because that telemarketer would soon instead become an unemployed person. The telemarketer may occasionally rebut an individual's answer in order to get a different response, but even that rebuttal is itself 100% scripted. That can only be done if the client scripts such a rebuttal into it.

Any national (Presidential) poll we did calling for mostly just consisted of the equivalent of, "Who you voting for?", though. The only ones that really had scripted rebuttals were for state-level contests, big city contests, or state ballot (decisions on actual laws) issues or equivalent stuff. In ALL of those cases, we were calling related to a contest that had nothing to do with us because it was a city or state in which none of us lived. It was kind of funny because we would occasionally rebut despite having no idea what the hell we were talking about.

As far as, 'Likely,' voters are concerned...the question is usually first whether or not the person is a Registered Voter, and then secondly, whether or not the person intends to vote in the Election in question. If the answer is a hard, 'Yes,' that person becomes a likely voter.

If you follow the links when these things are published, you'll occasionally find the precise wording of the questions, though some entities do keep that confidential.