In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

August 1st, 2020 at 8:27:32 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: ams288
Yeah, there are some pretty awful gay people out there.

Shrek has always operated under the assumption that attacks against one random gay person will trigger the “libbies.” It’s weird.

As for Ellen, I’ve read lots of stories about how she’s one of the meanest people in Hollywood. Of course, it’s just gossip so I can’t be sure it’s true.

Yeah, I don't know. I've never really watched her show, haven't really liked it when I have watched it and generally have a neutral opinion on her as I pay almost no attention to these things. I generally just assume that any, 'Nice,' persona that a celebrity puts off is fake.

I started to read the linked article and stopped at, "Microaggressions." No thanks. Hate the word. IMO, the word basically just means, "If I want to intentionally and capriciously interpret an action or statement in the worst possible light, regardless of how the statement was meant and regardless of the existence or absence of malicious intent, then I could go way out on a limb and say that I was wronged." It's a pretty F'n stupid concept, in my opinion.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 1st, 2020 at 8:29:44 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
More likely the fact that she is a rich celebrity will cause this to be covered up.....

The gay movement does not blindly defend every random gay person....

Oh, please. They will defend any gay to the death.
The President is a fink.
August 1st, 2020 at 8:43:28 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
Oh, please. They will defend any gay to the death.

Not sure you're aware of this, but some Conservatives are gay. A minority, to be sure.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/shannonkeating/ellen-degeneres-kevin-hart-relatable-netflix-lgbt-advocacy

Quote:
Ellen, for her part, never asked to be a gay icon. As she told Dax Shepard on his podcast last year — another comfortable celeb-on-celeb environment — after she came out, she faced a lot of criticism, even from other gay celebrities. “Elton John said, ‘Shut up already. We know you’re gay. Be funny.’ I had never met him and I thought, ‘What kind of support is that from a gay person?’ But everybody assumed I was just nonstop talking about it. It hurt my feelings.”

Well, there's one gay person not defending another.

ALSO:

Quote:
Though she is of course “going to speak up” for LGBT causes, and thinks her own visibility provides important representation, she’s always struggled with criticism from gay people: that she is either too gay or not gay enough.

Here's the LGBT community criticizing her for her association with W.:

Quote:
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/oct/08/ellen-degeneres-george-w-bush-lgbt

So, as with many of your posts, this is just another example of a post that is entirely one-sided, makes categorical absolutes and is just fundamentally incorrect.

(No offense meant, it's just that I immediately recalled that she took some poo-poo from the gay community for being friendly to Bush.)
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 1st, 2020 at 8:50:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
Not sure you're aware of this, but some Conservatives are gay. A minority, to be sure.

And?

Quote:
So, as with many of your posts, this is just another example of a post that is entirely one-sided, makes categorical absolutes and is just fundamentally incorrect.

(No offense meant, it's just that I immediately recalled that she took some poo-poo from the gay community for being friendly to Bush.)

I think you need to understand how to read posts in a forum. It is similar to how Tom Leykis did his radio show. I am not about to go thru the phone book and call every gay and ask if they will defend every other gay to the bitter end. What I do is look at history and see that when a gay is attacked they get defended to the death by other gays. If you are pointing out a conservative gay not being defended to the death I will chalk that up to the same way blacks defend other blacks to the end unless they leave the liberal plantation. Then they are fair game. Ellen is in no danger of leaving the liberal plantation.
The President is a fink.
August 1st, 2020 at 9:10:57 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I've read she has lots of Gay
men working for her and some
of them were very predatory
on the people under them.
Who would have thought, lol.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 1st, 2020 at 9:27:16 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Evenbob
I've read she has lots of Gay
men working for her and some
of them were very predatory
on the people under them.
Who would have thought, lol.

Any evidence?

You seem to like making blanket insinuations about gay men being predatory.
August 1st, 2020 at 9:35:36 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
And?

There is no, "And." Do you think a Conservative who is gay is going to be lockstep and would defend a Far Left homosexual on every single possible issue?

Quote:
I think you need to understand how to read posts in a forum. It is similar to how Tom Leykis did his radio show. I am not about to go thru the phone book and call every gay and ask if they will defend every other gay to the bitter end. What I do is look at history and see that when a gay is attacked they get defended to the death by other gays. If you are pointing out a conservative gay not being defended to the death I will chalk that up to the same way blacks defend other blacks to the end unless they leave the liberal plantation. Then they are fair game. Ellen is in no danger of leaving the liberal plantation.

I think you need to understand how to write in a way that is not dogmatic. If you do understand it already, which is quite likely, then I would suggest that you might do well to actually apply that understanding.

Beyond that, my overall point was that Ellen DeGeneres, specifically, has not been universally defended by her fellow homosexuals at all times, including prominent ones.
August 1st, 2020 at 9:37:01 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Any evidence?

You seem to like making blanket insinuations about gay men being predatory.

Meh if there is evidence. Some straight men are predatory. Some gay men are also predatory. Color me F'n shocked, y'know?
August 1st, 2020 at 9:37:46 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Mission146
Meh if there is evidence. Some straight men are predatory. Some gay men are also predatory. Color me F'n shocked, y'know?

Yeah but he seems to think gay men are more predatory than straight men.
August 1st, 2020 at 9:42:47 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Yeah but he seems to think gay men are more predatory than straight men.

I guess I would have to know why he thinks that way, assuming he does, before being qualified to offer further comment. If his assertion, if it even is his assertion, is based strictly on anecdotal experience, then I'm in no position to counter his viewpoints.