In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 14th, 2020 at 5:25:50 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Heck, lets just get rid of mascots and names since all can be offensive.

Let's just get rid of all baseball teams in general. Baseball is like watching paint dry.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 14th, 2020 at 6:55:24 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Gov. Andrew Cuomo accused of sexual harassment by former aide

OK, time for the double standard libbies all over the country to start defending Fredo's brother now! 🙄
December 14th, 2020 at 7:51:02 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Shrek
OK, time for the double standard libbies all over the country to start defending Fredo's brother now! 🙄

Spoiler alert: most progressives don't like Cuomo all that much. He is only slightly less hated than Bill DeBlasio.

I don't think you will find many "libbies" here defending him. He can go promote his book or something...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 14th, 2020 at 7:52:33 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Shrek
Gov. Andrew Cuomo accused of sexual harassment by former aide

No Cuomo fan here..... but it’s been happening for ‘years’ and now (when she announced she is running for public office) is when she makes the accusation? And now ‘won’t talk to journalists?’!!! Maybe I missed it, but is there a single SPECIFIC example?

I’m making the over/under 2.5 at number of other women who make similar accusations before Jan 20 against Cuomo. My conspiracy theory wife thinks it is plot to dissuade Biden from nominating Cuomo to be AG!

I think I’ve mentioned it before.... but I know a person with a successful business that will (off the record of course) not hire women! Just to avoid the accusations that Cuomo faces. With or without merit this sticks to Cuomo.
December 14th, 2020 at 8:21:40 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I'm thinking it will be Cleveland Rockers or Cleveland Rocks.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 14th, 2020 at 8:36:37 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO

I think I’ve mentioned it before.... but I know a person with a successful business that will (off the record of course) not hire women! Just to avoid the accusations that Cuomo faces. With or without merit this sticks to Cuomo.

That is a smart guy.
The President is a fink.
December 14th, 2020 at 3:53:09 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Good riddance!!

Michigan congressman quits GOP over Trump’s election fights

Need to purge the RINOs from the party!!
December 15th, 2020 at 11:06:00 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote:

Governments and companies are now racing to determine how such a security disaster materialized, and how it is that an obscure company founded by two brothers in the 1990s now appears to be at the heart of a potentially major Russian intelligence coup.

According to its website, SolarWinds has more than 300,000 customers. Outside the U.S., SolarWinds has picked up contracts for the U.K. National Health Service, European Parliament and NATO, according to its website.

The company was founded in Tulsa more than two decades ago by brothers David Yonce and Donald Yonce after they heard friends “griping about a long, specific list of frustrations managing their infrastructures,” according to an article from January on the company’s website. “They were part of the same perennial discussion we all share in tech. ‘Why can’t somebody just make a tool that X?!’ The difference was they decided to do something about it.”
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 16th, 2020 at 12:06:21 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
So tragic the 5 bicycle riders killed outside of Las Vegas
So tragic
I visited the memorial to the riders last Saturday.
Very moving and emotional.
5 white ghost bikes intertwined

Here is the shocking update to this story
The driver of the box truck was just charged with DUI

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2020/dec/16/driver-charged-with-dui-in-crash-that-killed-5-bic/
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 16th, 2020 at 12:27:51 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined

Here is the shocking update to this story
The driver of the box truck was just charged with DUI

Do you really find that shocking? That was my first assumption and seemed like a very probable situation. Maybe I am just too jaded having lived in Las vegas for the last 30 years.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.