In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 11th, 2021 at 1:17:44 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
When I flew home from Vegas on NYE, during the safety announcement the flight attendant said something along the lines of “Delta has banned 800 people for refusing to wear masks. Let’s not make it 801 today.”
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 11th, 2021 at 1:50:33 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Dalex64

Thanks for the correction
I am going to edit the post and take down the video since I was wrong
I always appreciate accuracy and appreciate somebody correcting me if I get it wrong
Thanks Dale :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 11th, 2021 at 3:41:05 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Twitter stock down 12% in a day after banning Trump. Free speech alternative Gab getting 10000 new users per hour.
The President is a fink.
January 11th, 2021 at 3:42:12 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: AZDuffman
Twitter stock down 12% in a day after banning Trump. Free speech alternative Gab getting 10000 new users per hour.

Reminds me of when righties were predicting the end of Nike.
January 11th, 2021 at 4:31:52 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
We know this because Rush constantly
tells us where he's quoted or misquoted
in the media. They are obsessed with him.
Is Bob suspended?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 12th, 2021 at 9:48:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit
for the record, I do believe that some of the worst actors were not Antifa or whatever ... the congressman who was in the midst of it all is a good example

You know, even if it were all ANTIFA, or even Islamic militants, the people who show up to riot and/or overthrow the government at the transition day are going to get arrested, or possibly even killed either way, and I couldn't care less about any of them.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 13th, 2021 at 4:04:20 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
The H1B visa program is a threat to any American who holds a job that requires a Bachelor's degree or higher.

It is a necessary program, but it allows US companies to hire foreign workers at a lower salary than their American workers.

“The wage rules cover the H-1B program, which allows CEOs to keep roughly 900,000 foreign, mid-skilled, contract workers in the United States. The H-1B program also keeps roughly 150,000 spouses in white-collar jobs, and it helps attract roughly 300,000 foreign workers into white-collar jobs via the Optional Practical Training (OPT) program.”

Yesterday, President Trump issued a set of rules to hinder US companies from displacing American graduates, by requiring ‘Skilled’ foreign workers — described as being in Levels 2, 3, or 4 — must be paid above the median wages level earned by skilled U.S. graduates.

Trump issued the order because Biden, who has filled his cabinet with advocates from the Fortune 500 and the tech sector would never offer this protection to American workers.

Then again, the majority of US workers rejected Trump, so Biden should give them what they voted for, and reverse this latest Trump executive order.
January 13th, 2021 at 5:07:32 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: Tanko
Then again, the majority of US workers rejected Trump, so Biden should give them what they voted for, and reverse this latest Trump executive order.

Absolutely correct.
January 13th, 2021 at 6:58:21 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko

I'm retired
All I care about is if the companies I own stock in wants these workers
I'm all about stocks now
Companies want these workers, bring them in
Its all about the money
Keep them stocks going in the right direction

I worked for American Express corporate travel division
They tried to replace a lot of us
Opened a huge call center in the Philippines
It was a disaster
American corporate customers which demand high service complained a lot.
Eventually they set up that call center to just handle off hours calls
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 13th, 2021 at 9:58:08 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
I'm retired
All I care about is if the companies I own stock in wants these workers
I'm all about stocks now
Companies want these workers, bring them in
Its all about the money
Keep them stocks going in the right direction

I worked for American Express corporate travel division
They tried to replace a lot of us
Opened a huge call center in the Philippines
It was a disaster
American corporate customers which demand high service complained a lot.
Eventually they set up that call center to just handle off hours calls

So you are for child labor usage in foreign countries as long as it is profitable for the companies you own? That’s not the terapined I broke bread with. I’m retired too. And by any metric now as a ‘taker’ Democrat policies would be better for me. But I look at the greater good in my political views. I believe (with many exceptions of course) that Republican (conservative) policies are just better for the USA.