In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 23rd, 2021 at 10:55:56 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
No reason you shouldn’t vote from home on the Internet. You should be able to vote after entering into your online banking site, if you have one.

Of course financial institutions would have to cooperate. If your money is not secure enough, what is?

Yeah, because nothing online ever gets hacked!

We could compromise. You can vote online after you pass a US Citizenship test at each vote?
The President is a fink.
February 23rd, 2021 at 11:31:03 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: AZDuffman
Yeah, because nothing online ever gets hacked!

We could compromise. You can vote online after you pass a US Citizenship test at each vote?

So, go ahead and claim you don't use online banking. if you use it, then you're just spouting garbage.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 23rd, 2021 at 11:36:09 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Breaking: Tiger Woods had to be rescued with Jaws of life from car accident.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 23rd, 2021 at 12:37:18 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
So, go ahead and claim you don't use online banking. if you use it, then you're just spouting garbage.

What does online banking have to do with voting?
The President is a fink.
February 23rd, 2021 at 1:06:56 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
She does not need care. I say she will outlive me. Just not leaving her alone.

Take her with you. Almost everyone appreciates a nice warm climate.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 23rd, 2021 at 1:07:43 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: DRich
Take her with you. Almost everyone appreciates a nice warm climate.

She ain't leaving the grandkids unless the krauts invade.
The President is a fink.
February 23rd, 2021 at 1:10:16 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
She ain't leaving the grandkids unless the krauts invade.

Take the kids too. If necessary pick a country that has no extradition.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 23rd, 2021 at 1:14:41 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: DRich
Take the kids too. If necessary pick a country that has no extradition.

Not my kids.

Argentina will not send you back if you marry a local. Their women are nice. If I could find the acrobat from Circus!Circus! oooh la la.
The President is a fink.
February 23rd, 2021 at 8:24:05 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
I am not surprised but dismayed at some of the posts concerning the Supreme Court's decision to deny hearing the Pennsylvania election court cases. One member, in particular, seems pretty clueless concerning the facts of the cases.

I am not going to go into the particulars of the cases but will provide links for those who desire to delve into the particulars.

Supreme court docket

Court case main document

Justice Thomas dissent

US Constitution
Quote:
Article I, Section 4: “The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing Senators.”

Quote:
Article II, Section 1: “Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector.”
Let's go Brandon
February 24th, 2021 at 9:49:04 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2021/2/24/22298616/frys-electronics-going-out-of-business

Fry’s Electronics is shutting its doors for good
Quote:
After nearly 36 years in business as the one-stop-shop and online resource for high-tech professionals across nine states and 31 stores, Fry’s Electronics, Inc. (“Fry’s” or “Company”), has made the difficult decision to shut down its operations and close its business permanently as a result of changes in the retail industry and the challenges posed by the Covid-19 pandemic," reads a statement from Fry's.

It was THE place to get a router or a hard drive when you needed one now and with Radio Shack long gone, it was the only place for tinkerers to get a resistor, diode, soldering accessories etc. On the other hand it was notorious for bad customer service, slapping a discount sticker on a returned item and putting it right back on the shelf and for demanding to look in your bag as you left the store.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.