In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 28th, 2021 at 5:23:09 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Some stories if they happened in the USA would be front and center news until resolved. If it happens in another country it is the nth story on yahoo news. Over 300 girls were just kidnapped from a school in Nigeria to(presumably) be used as ransom. Try and imagine if FIVE girls were kidnapped from a high school in New Jersey! Apparently the government is planning on paying the ransom. I’m trying to even comprehend the logistics of kidnapping 300+ girls and not eventually getting caught?
March 1st, 2021 at 9:45:10 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
March 1st, 2021 at 10:20:20 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: fleaswatter

ROTFL
Wow, the Flea angry at one Dem
I got news for you that may shock you
There are actually many Dems that are much worse and actually break the law
Probably 1/2 the criminals in the country lean left :-)

The difference between you and me
I'm against all criminals regardless of politics
I'm sure you are one of those that cant condemn a criminal till you know the persons politics like many Trumpers
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 2nd, 2021 at 8:15:40 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 2nd, 2021 at 9:01:19 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288

You've sunk to a new low! You are quoting someone who is actually not quoting someone then making light of the response?!?

Let me fix it for you.... Justice Barrett: What is the interest in the GOP in keeping (I'm actually not going to put what Justice Barrett wrote, because, well, why would I let you see her words, when I can fill in my own interpretation?) on the books?

If Tyler Bishop ( whoever he is?) was a member here he'd be suspended for his post!

The real summary is Republicans want each and every vote to be a legally authorized vote, and yes, that will eliminate more votes from the Democrat base than the Republican base. And if you don't believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.
March 2nd, 2021 at 9:18:30 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: SOOPOO
The real summary is Republicans want each and every vote to be a legally authorized vote, and yes, that will eliminate more votes from the Democrat base than the Republican base. And if you don't believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.

There has never been a problem with “illegal votes” getting counted. Period.
Republicans want to make it harder for minorities to vote. Period.

There is no bigger enemy of democracy than today’s GOP! Period!
March 2nd, 2021 at 10:02:55 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

The real summary is Republicans want each and every vote to be a legally authorized vote

BS
If Trump won, no way republicans care about mail in voting.
They are changing election laws is states because Trump lost
Republicans are upset with the results, not this fantasy of illegal votes
If Trump won the state, they want to leave things alone
Try living in the real world instead of the fantasy world of fox

The desperation of Trumpers is absurd as they are now trying to convince the country Jan 6 attack on the capitol was antifa and BLM
really sad
Actual senators are pushing that fantasy
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 2nd, 2021 at 12:03:49 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Are you for the Republicans doing whatever is legally possible to turn out their voters? I am.

Same for the Democrats.

But creating obstacles against legal methods to turn out the vote is antidemocratic.

While I'm sympathetic to the argument that we might be better off if uninformed couldn't vote, voting should never be an obstacle for anyone. PERIOD!
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 2nd, 2021 at 1:05:21 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Are you for the Republicans doing whatever is legally possible to turn out their voters? I am.

Same for the Democrats.

But creating obstacles against legal methods to turn out the vote is antidemocratic.

While I'm sympathetic to the argument that we might be better off if uninformed couldn't vote, voting should never be an obstacle for anyone. PERIOD!

Legal things are not "obstacles" they are "requirements." Like showing ID should be a requirement since everyone has one to show. It is only an "obstacle" for those too lazy to get what they need for everyday life.
The President is a fink.
March 2nd, 2021 at 1:43:48 PM permalink
ams288
The GOP seems laser focused on Dr. Seuss today.

Apparently Kevin McCarthy just brought this up on the floor of the House.